Small star systems

Souptime

I'm trying to go interstellar but most starts are too far away or have loads of planets that lag my game, so i'm looking for a mod that can add in dwarf stars with 1 to 4 planets to form a bit of a constellation or something like that

• 2 weeks later...

Grannus and GPP_Secondary might be close enough for you. On its own Grannus is a red dwarf within reasonably close range of the stock solar system; GPP is a larger star system and Grannus ends up orbiting that too.

If you find some good solar systems that are too far away, just edit their configs to move the stars closer to the Sun and reduce the flight times between them.

On 10/4/2020 at 1:16 PM, Souptime said:

I'm trying to go interstellar but most starts are too far away

How far is too far?

2 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

On its own Grannus is a red dwarf within reasonably close range of the stock solar system

Grannus is about 95 au from the sun at game start.  It closes to within 88 au before traveling out to a maximum of 206 au, but it takes 900 years to reach that far.  I estimate that with standard propulsion it's possible to reach Grannus in as little as 20 years.  Grannus has seven planets, which is more than you want, but I you can always remove some if it's too hard on your system.  To remove planets from a planet pack, just write a patch like this:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[PlanetPackName]
{
	!Body[PlanetName1] {}
	!Body[PlanetName2] {}	// etc.
}

Remember that if you delete a planet, also delete its moons.

2 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

If you find some good solar systems that are too far away, just edit their configs to move the stars closer to the Sun and reduce the flight times between them.

You can write a simple patch like this:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[PlanetPackName]
{
	@Body[StarName]
	{
		@Orbit
		{
			@semiMajorAxis = distance in meters
		}
	}
}

Edited by OhioBob

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.