[1.12.x] Far Future Technologies - August 18

Nertea

>A: I am now retired from KSP1 modding and will only be providing bugfixes. 

Now that KSP2 has been brought to the back of the barn, shot, and buried, I wonder if you'll ever revise this position lmao

7 hours ago, AnFa said:

>A: I am now retired from KSP1 modding and will only be providing bugfixes. 

Now that KSP2 has been brought to the back of the barn, shot, and buried, I wonder if you'll ever revise this position lmao

I mean, he just got fired. Not even 2 weeks ago. He's probably busy with finding a new job. 

• 1 month later...

Release 1.2.1

• Marked for KSP 1.12.5
  • Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.20.0
  • Updated SystemHeat to 0.7.2
  • Updated SpaceDust to 0.5.2
  • Updated DynamicBatteryStorage to 2.3.1
  • Updated CryoTanks to 1.6.6
  • Updated ModuleManager to 4.2.3
  • Added ingame settings to control cost of antimatter in science/career modes.
  • Decreased the minimum throttle fraction to 0.1% from 5% from chargeup engines to allow better interaction with autopilots
  • Fixed a typo in all Fissionable tanks
  • Fixed 5m Fissionables tanks missing from CTT
  • Fixed z-fighting on 3.75m fusion fuel tank (#183)
  • Fixed minimum harvest threshold on air/exo scoops which will allow harvesting at lower concentrations
  • Removed ablator refurbish mode from nuclear smelter as it doesn't work and I'll have to rethink it later
  • Increase detonator timer for antimatter to 30 physics ticks from 10

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Zum of all trades said:

Am I the only one who has no idea what this advanced cooling system is. Can someone please explain to me how it works I am new to this mod.

I'm fairly sure you're the only one, yes. Plenty explanation and a GitHub wiki link in the OP here:

(Hard dependency of this mod)

The short and sweet of System Heat is that radiators are reliable and safe at high temperatures and high timewarp (you mostly don't have to deal with physical heat which becomes the kraken's energy) and the radiators themselves (and any devices that will require them) are sorted into tiers of operating temperatures. Radiators only work if they're put in a loop with something that runs hotter than them and devices that run at very different operating temperatures should not be on the same loop. The hotter devices will overwhelm and disable the colder ones.

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'm fairly sure you're the only one, yes. Plenty explanation and a GitHub wiki link in the OP here:

(Hard dependency of this mod)

The short and sweet of System Heat is that radiators are reliable and safe at high temperatures and high timewarp (you mostly don't have to deal with physical heat which becomes the kraken's energy) and the radiators themselves (and any devices that will require them) are sorted into tiers of operating temperatures. Radiators only work if they're put in a loop with something that runs hotter than them and devices that run at very different operating temperatures should not be on the same loop. The hotter devices will overwhelm and disable the colder ones.

OK good news: I've figured out how to use the loops. and I got a fusion reactor running.

Bad news: I had to stack like 10 of the biggest Stock radiators for it to run. Is this a normal part of the mod or is there something I'm missing 

Hi all, I'm struggling with collecting antimatter!

Using the 'Bussard' particle scoop, I can collect light elements just fine, and Space Dust is showing antimatter bands around planets, but the Bussard interface doesn't show that it's collecting any antimatter. Time warping into the future (hundreds of years) shows that my antimatter tanks aren't filling either. I've got it pointing prograde, and the spectrometer gives a reading of ~3.0x10^-30 (absolutely miniscule - is this a typical value?)

Here's my map screen, showing that I'm in the antimatter band in low-Jool orbit (Space Dust shows 4.17E-30 t/m^3 of the stuff):

https://ibb.co/88k1Pn0

And here's my interface, showing that the CRANE spectrometer is picking up a reading of 3.1E-30 t/m^3. The particle scoop, however, only shows that it's harvesting liquid hydrogen and liquid deuterium;

https://ibb.co/nBZF3DN

Help?!