more variants for structural parts

so a few parts in ksp has different variants that you can choose so that they look different. im suprised thisisnt the case for most structural parts. the strut blocks looks so eird in spacecrafts it would be better if they had a round variant and an other variant with a cover so you cant see through it. and all connector parts with one placement thing on each side looks so weird in bases because they dont have a white variant. it would also be cool if solar panels had a "golden" variant like the really old sattelites. 

For structural panels I'd actually like to see the variants I suggested for KSP2 in this thread some time ago: Structural part suggestions - KSP 2 Discussion - Kerbal Space Program Forums Essentially the pic shows what I mean with curved and rounded, at least a 90 degree example. Would be possible to make bases and rovers look very good with that kind of stuff.

For other parts I'd like in KSP1 from the same thread I'd really appreciate glass panels and stack manipulators, such as a 2,5m that goes into 3 standard 1,25m nodes but instead of in a triangle they'd be in a row, also of course I'd love stack splitters for the bigger sizes as well since we currently have none of that. When it comes to struts I'm with OP that they look weird, in my opinion there should also be some additional kind of strut that can only be seen in editors and only reaches a very short distance - kind of like a blob of space grade glue.

Lastly I keep reiterating this every once in a while but here goes; the sizes of the biggest and smallest pieces of any same type in the whole game are almost universally not ever nearly far enough apart to allow detailed looking crafts without reaching absurdly laggy part counts. This isn't at all limited to structural pieces though, so a partially off topic remark, but still relevant.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.