[ 1.12.x] Everoth star cluster V1.2 [Currently just the Estrela Dobre system!]

JcoolTheShipbuilder

1 hour ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

The update to Petrichor was overall fixing the enormous quantity of seams I didnt expect to see when opening up the texture file to fix a few seams I saw
The next update will include a texture rework of Termania, fixing seams n stuff

And hopefully a bunch of biome maps too

Cool!

Ok, I successfully added a texture t- wait I need to replace a bunch of placeholder textures with my own stuff before releasing next version... So yea.. I.. screwed up the kerbin template REAL BAD..
Anyways... I solved the issues with terrain n stuff, then I figured out why the flareReplacer wasnt working (it was config names.. had to change the stars config name and not the flare replacer config reference or it would brick the game), and figured out how to completely replace the sun!

Unfourtinatley, the star eclipsing each other issue is because of kopernicus multistar plugin not working properly

Hm.. I have decided that the lowlands biome on Hados is actually 'Exposed Mantle', where sections of the planet's mantle are directly exposed and cooled to a solid.. barely. And in these areas, there will be very high concentrations of ores and stuff, however the tricky bit is that its a very difficult planet to get off of, requiring about 7km/s of delta V to get to orbit, and the gravity and atmo losses are intense.. soo.. yea..  Very valuable planet, just very hard and dangerous

Basically, I am pretty much adding a reason to go to Hados if you have more resource mods installed

I am adding a custom hybrid electric scramjet to make SSTOs easier at Temporalis. It is a dual mode engine, an electric fan mode that produces 226kN of static thrust up to about mach 2 (it stops at mach 2.2), and the hybrid scramjet, which uses liquidfuel as well (technically the fan mode always runs), and it produces about 2600kN of static thrust, BUT the thrust of this engine drops off with atmospheric pressure until it is about 500kN at 2200m/s and 20km on Temporalis. While this engine seems quite OP, it *does* take a crapton of electric charge to run due to the fan. It does currently take about 20ec/s, which is less than 1/10 of the actual power draw. It is lowered for stock electric systems.  I may balance it more by increasing the electric charge consumption.

This engine is really only useful around Temporalis as it needs a big battery bank, and on other oxygen worlds, RAPIERS could just be used. Also, it cannot be used on Hados due to lack of oxygen. And it is actually possible to get a fully stock SSTO around Temporalis, but I have had trouble getting to low orbit with more than 100 liquidfuel left

On 2/3/2021 at 7:20 AM, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

The reason I want these two gas giants to have surfaces is so there is something to actually explore instead of a GLOBAL BOTTOMLESS PIT OF DOOOOOOM!!!!

I suggest a kind of easter egg somewhere on the surface.

40 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

I suggest a kind of easter egg somewhere on the surface.

yes.. but... I am not sure what it should be.. I have easter egg ideas for nearly every planet and moon, but the very small moons and Collait and Culair are.. tricky.. maybe giant atmospheric harvesters on Collait and Culair?

4 minutes ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

yes.. but... I am not sure what it should be.. I have easter egg ideas for nearly every planet and moon, but the very small moons and Collait and Culair are.. tricky.. maybe giant atmospheric harvesters on Collait and Culair?

Yeah or some spaceship landed on the surface, with a flag representing Temporalis...

35 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

Yeah or some spaceship landed on the surface, with a flag representing Temporalis...

hm.. ok.. hm I am thinking.. large, ancient crashed space stations on Collait and Culair, which would fit a bit better with some lore, including the ancient city ruins I will add in the middle of the glassy plains on Petrichor

Just tried the mod, Kopernicus struggles with Coralos, "Value can not be Null", I guess I musinstalled KopernicusExpansion or something.

Hold on, let me check...

... yup, it fixed. Definitely misinstalled KopernicusExpansion.

Whoa nice grass texture, it changes from the stock one that looks like it hasn't been watered since 1.2.

3 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

Just tried the mod, Kopernicus struggles with Coralos, "Value can not be Null", I guess I musinstalled KopernicusExpansion or something.

Hold on, let me check...

... yup, it fixed. Definitely misinstalled KopernicusExpansion.

yep
Coralos, Ichor, and Hados use KopernicusExapansion for their emissive lava

58 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

I made a plane and it flies prety well. 900 m/s reached.

screenshot298.png

OK um, you should do something with the Island/Dessert (whichever of the two you kept) Airfield...

screenshot299.png

Ok the screenshots didnt load for me until i reloaded the page and... wai its actually still there... weird!
I didnt keep either airfield... and I think thats the desert airfield that comes with the making history DLC, which I dont have