[ 1.12.x] Everoth star cluster V1.2 [Currently just the Estrela Dobre system!]

JcoolTheShipbuilder

Ok, I updated the mod and stuff, It shouldnt break as I fixed a syntax error in sciencedefs, added a bunch more of those (mainly magnetometer), Reduced Temporalis' inclination relative to the system to 3 degrees, made the SOI of the binary stars bigger, so its actually possible to get flung by them.

13 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

screenshot310.png

Nothing wrong here.

lol!

Also I had quite the issue with the game freezing up and dying every ingame minute. I assumed it was because of my laptop at first, and then I got KSPCommunityFixes and disabled the manuver node planner, which fixed every issue with the game freezing and dying. I am pretty sure the game really did not like Temporalis being a trojan object or something with high inclinations of wormholes. I decided on adding the Excelsior system as its lore is... very connected with the Estrela Dobre system. The system itself will have four planets (a big gap at the inner edge of its habitable zone where a planet once was... hmmm... where could it possibly be...). 

hmm..
Excelsior will have four planets.. I dont know what their names should be. Also, Excelsior will orbit between 10 and 15x further out than Ichor
The system's classification is "dead/abandoned", but offers some clues as to what happened in the great event/war
Planet 1 - eyeball planet dominated by desert, has a ring of water around its terminator, and a thin ice cap.
Planet 2 - devastated planet with a large portion of its surface seemingly blasted off by an explosion during the event, in a 1:2 resonance with planet 1
there will be a noticeable gap between planets 2 and 3, where stuff screams 'there should be a planet here'
Planet 3 - a cold eyeball planet that is barely habitable, lost what little life it had in the great event, in a 1:4 resonance with planet 2
Planet 4 - a strange, ice planet further out, has techno signatures, but is lifeless like the rest of the system. in a 3:2 resonance with planet 3.

What are some name ideas based on the characteristics?

33 minutes ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

hmm..
Excelsior will have four planets.. I dont know what their names should be. Also, Excelsior will orbit between 10 and 15x further out than Ichor
The system's classification is "dead/abandoned", but offers some clues as to what happened in the great event/war
Planet 1 - eyeball planet dominated by desert, has a ring of water around its terminator, and a thin ice cap.
Planet 2 - devastated planet with a large portion of its surface seemingly blasted off by an explosion during the event, in a 1:2 resonance with planet 1
there will be a noticeable gap between planets 2 and 3, where stuff screams 'there should be a planet here'
Planet 3 - a cold eyeball planet that is barely habitable, lost what little life it had in the great event, in a 1:4 resonance with planet 2
Planet 4 - a strange, ice planet further out, has techno signatures, but is lifeless like the rest of the system. in a 3:2 resonance with planet 3.

What are some name ideas based on the characteristics?

What if planet 1 was called Desser?

On 1/21/2023 at 8:22 PM, Sky Kerman said:

What if planet 1 was called Desser?

hm I have decided the name of planet 1 to be.. well I got names for the first three planet.. now its just the 4th planet that needs a name
The first three planets are named
Calidum - main feature is a hot desert, which is where its latin name comes from
Canite  - is latin for 'blown' as it had a lot of its surface blown off
Periphial - named this way as somebody suggessted it since its on the very edge of habitability

Idea for scatters:

neybiri.png

(the blue plants are neybiri, or something like that, that's where the name comes from) (never mind the little insect on the left) (actually, they would make great creatures lol) (so I propose the blue plants as scatters in a reference to the game from which the screenshot is taken) (ERROR: Too many parenthesis)

Edited by Nazalassa

5 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

Idea for scatters:

neybiri.png

(the blue plants are neybiri, or something like that, that's where the name comes from) (never mind the little insect on the left) (actually, they would make great creatures lol) (so I propose the blue plants as scatters in a reference to the game from which the screenshot is taken) (ERROR: Too many parenthesis)

ah..
so like.. where should the scatters go? also Neybiri is blue like that plant! neat!

2 hours ago, PrimeDirective96 said:

Any idea when Petrichor is getting the ruins of a destroyed civilization scattered across it's creepy surface? Can't wait to see that in game!

In the next update which will include the new systems. Though there wont be complete scatters for the new systems, there will be mostly complete stuff for the main system. The major roadblock is the pqsCity not working right and breaking the game

On 1/30/2023 at 9:09 AM, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

In the next update which will include the new systems. Though there wont be complete scatters for the new systems, there will be mostly complete stuff for the main system. The major roadblock is the pqsCity not working right and breaking the game

Cool. Also, umm...I may have...kinda.... sorta....gone ahead and given your system the full Scatterer and AVP treatment myself. They now have appropriate Clouds, Aurora, Lightning and Dust Storms on some worlds (Like Petrichor, Anos and Hados) and Snowstorms (On Ieros and Termania)

Correlae looks like a toxic tropical paradise and orbits Hados, which looks like friggin Mustafar with lightning, dust and volcanic plumes in a  deep red-orange atmosphere. I also corrected the temperature curves so that "Sea Level" on Hados is at 1300 Kelvin within a few meters of the lava itself, and will legitimately explode a Kerbal if they get to close lmao and melt parachutes, but the temperature decreases to "survivable" levels if you go high enough.

I gave Anos a few shallow hydrocarbon lakes and a thick smoggy atmosphere like Titan. Edit: I also forgot to mention, I added a resource config to allow for Hydrocarbon fuelled Jet propulsion using the Explodium Engines mod. Using Oxidizer as a "Fuel" and the surrounding fuel vapours in the atmosphere in place of oxygen, Jet travel is now possible there.

I also kinda...sorta changed a few of the names of the planets, modified the sciencedefs, took a few planets out, added a few in and um.....effectively upended the structure of the system completely, I hope you don't mind :/ .

The system is now orbiting on the outskirts of Kcalbeloh, visitable via the Wormhole, with the stock system still intact and unaltered save for OPM, and a few bodies I retained and repurposed from Kerbol Origins ;) .

Another of the changes is Ichor, instead of orbiting on the fringes of the binary, because of the now reduced Hill Sphere of the binary system, I ended up moving it into Interstellar Space around Kcalbeloh but in a completely different part of space, much closer to the "Core" but still barely heated by the anaemic light of the blackhole's accretion disk.  It has a patchy Aurora and is still so cold I gave it streams of liquid oxygen on it's surface, which matches up with the liquid-carved landscape it's scaledspace texture has from space. Anos is no longer it's moon, it's new home is one of the Gas Giants, which are now further out in the system.

Temporalis now orbits tidally locked around the habitable zone of the L-class brown dwarf, and has a cloud pattern I took from Suluco from Kcalbeloh just inverted, so it fits the "Tidally Locked" theme you had going on there and the views from it's surface are quite something.

I also made Termania's red oceans blue but kept the red landscape, although I'm tossing up whether to go back to the red because with scatterer and the clouds it looked very striking with that deep blood-red algae.  Right now it looks like a beautiful arctic world with exotic red terrain, sporting the colors of the French, British or American Flags though lmao.

I can show you what I've done if you like, as soon as I get a free minute to put together some good snapshots :) .

Edited by PrimeDirective96

13 hours ago, PrimeDirective96 said:

Any idea when Petrichor is getting the ruins of a destroyed civilization scattered across it's creepy surface? Can't wait to see that in game!

When the models will be ready, and when we'll finally get a PQSCity thing working.

Spoiler

Which means in 256 days approx.

On 1/30/2023 at 2:36 AM, PrimeDirective96 said:

Cool. Also, umm...I may have...kinda.... sorta....gone ahead and given your system the full Scatterer and AVP treatment myself. They now have appropriate Clouds, Aurora, Lightning and Dust Storms on some worlds (Like Petrichor, Anos and Hados) and Snowstorms (On Ieros and Petrichor)

Correlae looks like a toxic tropical paradise and orbits Hados, which looks like friggin Mustafar with lightning, dust and volcanic plumes in a  deep red-orange atmosphere. I also corrected the temperature curves so that "Sea Level" on Hados is at 1300 Kelvin within a few meters of the lava itself, and will legitimately explode a Kerbal if they get to close lmao and melt parachutes, but the temperature decreases to "survivable" levels if you go high enough.

I gave Anos a few shallow hydrocarbon lakes and a thick smoggy atmosphere like Titan. Edit: I also forgot to mention, I added a resource config to allow for Hydrocarbon fuelled Jet propulsion using the Explodium Engines mod. Using Oxidizer as a "Fuel" and the surrounding fuel vapours in the atmosphere in place of oxygen, Jet travel is now possible there.

I also kinda...sorta changed a few of the names of the planets, modified the sciencedefs, took a few planets out, added a few in and um.....effectively upended the structure of the system completely, I hope you don't mind :/ .

The system is now orbiting on the outskirts of Kcalbeloh, visitable via the Wormhole, with the stock system still intact and unaltered save for OPM, and a few bodies I retained and repurposed from Kerbol Origins ;) .

Another of the changes is Ichor, instead of orbiting on the fringes of the binary, because of the now reduced Hill Sphere of the binary system, I ended up moving it into Interstellar Space around Kcalbeloh but in a completely different part of space, much closer to the "Core" but still barely heated by the anaemic light of the blackhole's accretion disk.  It has a patchy Aurora and is still so cold I gave it streams of liquid oxygen on it's surface, which matches up with the liquid-carved landscape it's scaledspace texture has from space. Anos is no longer it's moon, it's new home is one of the Gas Giants, which are now further out in the system.

Temporalis now orbits tidally locked around the habitable zone of the L-class brown dwarf, and has a cloud pattern I took from Suluco from Kcalbeloh just inverted, so it fits the "Tidally Locked" theme you had going on there and the views from it's surface are quite something.

I also made Termania's red oceans blue but kept the red landscape, although I'm tossing up whether to go back to the red because with scatterer and the clouds it looked very striking with that deep blood-red algae.  Right now it looks like a beautiful arctic world with exotic red terrain, sporting the colors of the French, British or American Flags though lmao.

I can show you what I've done if you like, as soon as I get a free minute to put together some good snapshots :) .

Edit: I guess not.

that is... a bit much changed.. also dust and snowstorms on Petrichor is interesting... Also a kerbal's temperature limit is like 800K, and the entire surface of Hados is above 1000K. Yea upending the structure.. eh I dont mind, you do you. sounds fairly interesting

1 hour ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

that is... a bit much changed.. also dust and snowstorms on Petrichor is interesting... Also a kerbal's temperature limit is like 800K, and the entire surface of Hados is above 1000K. Yea upending the structure.. eh I dont mind, you do you. sounds fairly interesting

Whoops I meant to say Termania, I wrote that very tired. Petrichor is still bone-dry and was left mostly as standard  save for the addition of scatterer, some thin wispy CO2 clouds, aurora and the dust storms, which really adds to the atmosphere there, just waiting for those lost cities and it will be the best planet in my opinion.

Parts of Hados are survivable but you have to be on one of the mountain peaks high in the atmosphere, but reaching those areas and slowing down in the rarified air is sketchy due to the high gravity, the lower levels are still hell though. The "habitable" elevations hover around 300K, as you enter the lower levels the temperature gradually rises up to 700K as you approach sea level, just manageable with a suit, but then it rapidly goes up to 1300K within a few metres of the lava and leads to spontaneous kerbal detonation. The atmosphere is thus very unstable as you can imagine, dust and ash storms are frequent here so I went little nuts with the clouds, ash plumes and lightning :) .

My plan is to try and ad some kind of valuable resource to make it a worthwhile site for mining operations, then I'll have to get to work designing some elaborate orbital cargo transportation system, which will be tough since the Delta-V needed makes Eve look like Duna by comparison.

I'm not even sure I'll get around to doing any of that anymore sadly as I'm about to get super busy with study and work.

4 hours ago, PrimeDirective96 said:

Whoops I meant to say Termania, I wrote that very tired. Petrichor is still bone-dry and was left mostly as standard  save for the addition of scatterer, some thin wispy CO2 clouds, aurora and the dust storms, which really adds to the atmosphere there, just waiting for those lost cities and it will be the best planet in my opinion.

Parts of Hados are survivable but you have to be on one of the mountain peaks high in the atmosphere, but reaching those areas and slowing down in the rarified air is sketchy due to the high gravity, the lower levels are still hell though. The "habitable" elevations hover around 300K, as you enter the lower levels the temperature gradually rises up to 700K as you approach sea level, just manageable with a suit, but then it rapidly goes up to 1300K within a few metres of the lava and leads to spontaneous kerbal detonation. The atmosphere is thus very unstable as you can imagine, dust and ash storms are frequent here so I went little nuts with the clouds, ash plumes and lightning :) .

My plan is to try and ad some kind of valuable resource to make it a worthwhile site for mining operations, then I'll have to get to work designing some elaborate orbital cargo transportation system, which will be tough since the Delta-V needed makes Eve look like Duna by comparison.

I'm not even sure I'll get around to doing any of that anymore sadly as I'm about to get super busy with study and work.

ah ok

I am thinking that the lower areas of Hados should be rich in valuable resources as it's mantle is technically exposed in certain parts

On 2/2/2023 at 5:51 PM, PrimeDirective96 said:

just waiting for those lost cities

If only someone knew how PQSCity (or City) works...

On 2/3/2023 at 7:15 AM, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

hm.. what should the star clusters name be?

What about um... Dupinare?
(it sounds a bit like "Estrela Dobre")