[1.9.x - 1.12.x] Camera Tools continued v1.34.0 [2024-03-10]

DocNappers

• 5 weeks later...

How can I make my "pathing cameras" to "stationary cameras" in the Camera Tools Mod in KSP 1.12.x?

I have a "scene" or also knows as a path. and I want to use that path for a rocket stationary pad camera but the "pathing mode" follows the rocket (And I don't want that so I need to use the stationary mode) but I don't know how to use the same camera position (exact) for the "stationary camera mode".

r/KerbalSpaceProgram - How can I make my "pathing cameras" to "stationary cameras" in the Camera Tools Mod in KSP 1.12.x?

Please Help Me. Thanks.

45 minutes ago, Kion said:

How can I make my "pathing cameras" to "stationary cameras" in the Camera Tools Mod in KSP 1.12.x?

I have a "scene" or also knows as a path. and I want to use that path for a rocket stationary pad camera but the "pathing mode" follows the rocket (And I don't want that so I need to use the stationary mode) but I don't know how to use the same camera position (exact) for the "stationary camera mode".

Switching from the pathing camera to the stationary camera without any of the flyby or target options selected ought to start the stationary camera in the same position and orientation that it's currently in, but it looks to be shifting the camera down a bit for some reason. I'll look into why it's doing that and add an explicit option to transfer the current view from the pathing camera to the stationary camera.

In the meantime, moving the camera up ([7] on the keypad by default) should allow you to bring it close to the position it was in when you switched.

AeXezfm.png

v1.31.0 of CameraTools is now released.

It has the following improvements / bugfixes:

• Fix NREs from atmospheric audiosources when not in atmosphere.
  • Don't reset the original camera parent's position when reverting (fixes weird camera angle).
  • Override the camera restore distance with custom distance (from BDA) when reverting due to auto-enabling for BDA.
  • Add support for a new BDA helper property for inhibiting camera tools.
  • Add support for new BDA helpers for tracking missiles' targets in dogfight mode.
  • Minor tweaks to MouseAimFlight helpers.
  • Some internal restructuring of utils.
  • Begin adding localisation support (not yet complete).
  • Begin adding tooltips (not yet complete).

More localisation/tooltips and the feature mentioned in the previous post should be coming in the next update.

• 3 weeks later...

v1.32.0 of CameraTools is now released.

• Improvements to death camera angles and transitions for dogfight mode.
  • Add a button to switch from pathing mode to stationary mode while maintaining the current view.
  • Adjust location of random mode options.
  • Add a button for resetting the camera roll (in stationary and pathing modes).
  • Optimisations to use vessel.CoM instead of vessel.transform.position where applicable.
  • Apply maxRelV to the stationary camera when using random mode.
  • Remove the low-altitude stationary mode override for random mode.
  • Prevent the camera from going below terrain and water (when vessel is only partially submerged) in dogfight mode.
  • Separate the auto-zoom toggle between dogfight and stationary modes.
  • Adjust default settings for a dynamic dogfight mode.
  • Add a slider for setting the minimum interval to check for a new secondary dogfight target if the secondary target is a missile.
  • Don't restart the dogfight camera when switching secondary targets for smoother transitions.
  • Krakensbane optimisations (from BDArmory).
  • Finish adding English (en-us) localisation and tooltips.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 4:51 AM, kspbutitscursed said:

Hi i cannot seem to get the zoom key function to work 

Do you have "Keypad Control" enabled (near the bottom above "Edit Keybindings"), Zoom In/Out bound to keys and the "Zoom Speed" set to a reasonable value?

v1.33.0 of CameraTools is now released. It has the following improvements / bugfixes:

• Add a slider for controlling how long after BDA's secondary dogfight target dies (for non-missiles) before selecting a new secondary non-missile target (to enable lingering on kills).
  • Fix false positives of Krakensbane being active on vessel switches.
Edited by DocNappers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

v1.34.0 of CameraTools is now released.

• Chinese localisation thanks to user ThreeMACH.
  • Pivot toggle:
    • Add an option to toggle pivot points between the camera and the target (if valid) when rotating with the right mouse button.
    • A hotkey can be assigned to this toggle, but is not assigned by default.
    • When pivoting around the camera, the behaviour is unchanged.
    • When pivoting around a target in pathing or stationary camera modes, the behaviour is similar to KSP's standard camera movement depending on whether the movement modifier is being held or not.
      • While the movement modifier is not being held, rotation is aligned with the camera's axes.
      • While the movement modifier is being held, rotation is aligned with the target vessel's axes.
    • In pathing camera mode, the pivot point is the vessel's reference transform position.
    • In stationary camera mode, the pivot point is either the targeted part or the vessel CoM if that option is selected.
    • In dogfight camera mode, the pivot toggle affects the free-look mode and pivots around the closest point to the vessel along the camera's forward axis.
  • Fix camera roll when transitioning between modified and non-modified movement modes in stationary camera mode.
  • The free-move mode (position vs speed) and pivot mode are now preserved in the settings.
  • Tweak the mouse sensitivity for input to rotations for more comfortable rotations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 9:31 PM, DocNappers said:

Do you have "Keypad Control" enabled (near the bottom above "Edit Keybindings"), Zoom In/Out bound to keys and the "Zoom Speed" set to a reasonable value?

v1.33.0 of CameraTools is now released. It has the following improvements / bugfixes:

• Add a slider for controlling how long after BDA's secondary dogfight target dies (for non-missiles) before selecting a new secondary non-missile target (to enable lingering on kills).
  • Fix false positives of Krakensbane being active on vessel switches.

thanks it works now