The Monopropellant Challenge: How far can you go on monopropellant boosters? (Revised Edition)

You have heard of the Solid Fuel challenge right? Where you only use Solid Fuel Rocket Boosters to reach a certain destination right? I am pretty sure you have. And if you did not, search it up. It is a pretty cool challenge and people come up with some impressive stuff. But you clicked on this thread because you wanted to see the Monopropellant Challenge! I know it's a weird thing and it usually doesn't come to mind for most people (I think). Monopropellant is a type of fuel in Kerbal Space Program. It is generally known as fuel for RCS engines. Most RCS engines use monopropellant as their fuel source (except for the Vernor Engine because that uses Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer).

In the Monopropellant Challenge you may only use Monopropellant as your fuel. You cannot use Liquid Fuel, Oxidizer, Intake Air, Xenon Gas, or Solid Fuel. As all of these can give you thrust. I will allow Electric Charge. For reaction wheels to function they need Electric Change to operate. But wait a minute Dr. Kerbal! There's a loophole! People could use Ion engines as they use Electric Charge. Well, that loophole has been debunked. Ion engines require Electric Charge and Xenon Gas to function. So, people can't use ion engines. Well what about Kraken Drive? Huh?! Another loophole Dr. Kerbal! Well. For this challenge I have set rules so this challenge stays true to the name. I will not allow Kraken Drives, Liquid Fuel, Oxidizer, Intake Air, Xenon Gas, Solid Fuel, and other fuel sources and parts from mods. 

Now we have gone over the basics of this challenge I think it's appropriate to list a score board. As certain planets/moons are harder to leave than others. Eve is harder to leave than Minmus. And the Mun is easier to get to than Eeloo. So I have set up a scoreboard key and rules to make the challenge fair. 

Scoreboard Point Chart: Use this to tell how many points you earn. 

Planet/Moon/Celestial Body

Fly-by

Orbit

Landing

Return

Moho

Eve

Gilly

Kerbin

Mun

Minmus

Duna

Ike

Dres

Jool

Laythe

Vall

Tylo

Bop

Pol

Eeloo

Near Kerbin Asteroids (NKA)

N/A

Dresstroid

N/A

Comets

N/A

Rules:

• You may not use Kraken Drives

• You can not use fuel resources such as Liquid Fuel, Oxidizer, Intake Air, Xenon Gas, and Solid Fuel

• No part mods suchs as Near Future or Far Future

• No planet mods such as Beyond Home and Outer Planets Mod

• You may only use Monopropellant as your fuel source

• No mods that can affect your craft like Hyper Edit

• No cheats should be enabled

• All game settings should be at default settings

• You can either do a probes or manned mission. This will not affect your total amount of points you receive

• Don't use any exploits such as the KAL Controller exploit 

Admission Guide:

In this part the challenge guide book-ish thing. This part will explain to you how to submit your challenge in the correct way so I can recognize it quickly. First lit how many points you scored by using the chart above. Let's say that you went to the Mun and you landed there. You would earn  25 points. But let's say that you returned. Then you would earn 30 points instead. The point is that if you didina flyby, orbit, landing, or return mission you would count these points. However let's say I landed on the Mun and landed on Minmus and returned. I would add the landing (25) for the Mun and add the return mission from Minmus (30) in total you would have 55 points.

Admission Example:

List What you did: Jool Landing, Eeloo Fly-By, and Laythe Return

Total Amount of Points: 5190 points

Game Version: 5.9.9

Proof of Completion: (Show or link multiple images or videos of your mission here)

Date: 12/31/1800

Username: @THISUSERDOESNOTEXIST

Admission Form:

List What you did: 

Total Amount of Points: 

Game Version: 

Proof of Completion: 

Date: 

Username: 

Badge:

Spoiler

Sorry. There is no badge yet. I'm working on it so give me some time. Until then, enjoy this challenge! 

Commonly Asked Questions:

1. Why are parts mods not allowed? I don't allow part mods because it makes it harder to track what fits in the rules are not. 

2. Why do you not allow HyperEdit? Because it affects your craft and people could cheat with it refueling theri craft. It's basically infinite fuel and it's cheating.

3. Can I do this on older versions? Yes you may.

4. Can I do this on consoles? Yes you may.

5. You  may not use any exploit such as the KAL Controller throttle exploit. 

If you have any other questions please ask through the messaging feature of the Kerbal Space Program forums or post it on my user profile. Thank you and enjoy this challenge.

Cool Submissions:

• @Vanamonde submitted a rocket that only used monopropellant booster that was able to get to Minmus.  Congrats and awesome mission. It may have not returned but this is KSP.  His submission was submitted on the old thread of this challenge so it abides by the rules.  He scored 20 points according the scoreboard on this thread. :) 

Well, I didn't manage to come back, but I made this ridiculous thing 

YgZHj0L.png 

and got it to land on Minmus. 

DoYbPLR.png 

Does that count? 

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

Notice: This is a revised and enhanced edition of this thread. The challenge had some unclear point sysytem and confusing rules. This is a improved and clarified version of this. 

Want your submission to be here? Please let me know through the KSP Forums messaging system or send me your request on my user profile. Thank you and have a safe flight!

Have a suggestion on the rules? Please let me know through the KSP Forums messaging system or send me your request on my user profile. Thank you and have a safe flight!

Edited by Dr. Kerbal

9 minutes ago, dnbattley said:

"Well what about the KAL negative thrust/drain valve infinite fuel exploit? Huh?! Another loophole Dr. Kerbal!!!" ;)

Fixed. Now there is no loophole Because I said no to ALL! exploits! Thanks for pointing this out. I would of never figured this one out. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.