Show and Tell - Creating New Parts

StarSlay3r

5 hours ago, Awfulwaffle said:

I for one am quite happy I can use roads. When I saw the colony VAB the first thing I thought is that I want launch/landing pads away from it. I don’t feel like scorching my kerbals using the launch pad on top is the best thing for my colony. I want to role my rockets to the launch pads instead.

I am absolutely going to make racetracks. I can't wait!

17 hours ago, Awfulwaffle said:

I for one am quite happy I can use roads. When I saw the colony VAB the first thing I thought is that I want launch/landing pads away from it. I don’t feel like scorching my kerbals using the launch pad on top is the best thing for my colony. I want to role my rockets to the launch pads instead.

It would be cool to be able to build hangars to store the rockets / spaceplanes, refuel them, and taxi them to the launchpad / runway. At least we'll be able to build some parking zones with these pieces. I'm also hoping to be able to spawn Kerbals without a vehicle to make reusability more realistic (instead of recovering / respawning from the saved vehicles), though the alternative would be to spawn the Kerbals in a small car or truck that could be recovered after transferring the crew.

• 2 months later...

Is the deep resource scanner a ship part, a large station part (by large station, I mean the ones that we can launch ships from) or a colony part?

Also, the geothermal plant output should be dependent on location (more energy if near a volcano) and there should be a regularly changing wind speed for all places on each planet/moon with atmosphere that determines the turbine output together with the pressure.

I also noticed that the rocket launched from the orbital launch clamps in the test scene is the same as the one in the trailer.

Edited by qwery123

43 minutes ago, qwery123 said:

Is the deep resource scanner a ship part, a large station part (by large station, I mean the ones that we can launch ships from) or a colony part?

Also, the geothermal plant output should be dependent on location (more energy if near a volcano) and there should be a regularly changing wind speed for all places on each planet/moon with atmosphere that determines the turbine output together with the pressure.

I also noticed that the rocket launched from the orbital launch clamps in the test scene is the same as the one in the trailer.

From the looks of it right now, this part will probably be a ship and colony part, we are not 100% sure though so everything is speculation.

• 1 month later...

Seeing the kerbals walking around the base make me think are we getting Kerbal AI or is that just for show? I think kerbals running around our colony’s roads and buildings would make it feel very alive. Later update maybe? But anyway great job Devs keep it up! I’m looking forward for the game release.

New idea is world sharing for people to share their colonys and creative things like race tracks built into the plant’s or moon’s surface features like cave or valleys. Maybe in a later update? Anyhow good job devs and keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.