New mod request

DaveyJ576

To all:

Prior to picking up KSP last year, I played several other sims in the past. Most noteable was the antique Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space and its visually improved but still greatly lacking successor Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager.  BARIS had a historical function where it kept track of the missions you had flown in a linear timeline fashion. You could go back and review the missions you had flown. It included the mission name, type of mission, type of spacecraft, date flown, crew (if any), mission patch (cool), and prestige points earned. I have searched for a similar mod for KSP but haven't found one. Could one be created? I have zero experience in creating mods.

Thanks!

So, here is what I was referring to:

EgD2MoW.jpg

Click on one of the mission icons in the timeline and you get this summary:

ICQqYz2.jpg

Another function kept track of achievement "firsts", i.e. when you completed a specific task that gave you prestige in the Race to Space:

queDl9z.jpg

It just would be a cool historical function if KSP had some version of these functions.

Wow, going back and looking at this game it reminds me how "primitive" it was, but at the time it came out it was considered pretty advanced. It was interesting to play, but it had a major flaw. You were guaranteed to kill several astronauts, no matter how careful you were in your research and development or mission planning. How the game calculated the probability was skewed toward disaster. It got to be very frustrating, but I digress.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.