[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.18 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

I think they will make the interiors for the two remainig cockpits, other then that...

Hmmm...

Perhaps some tweaks to the launch pad (Becase people might want to launch bigger rockets with the new planets and stuff, and I'm aware of the mod that removes the launch tower).

Bug fixes, and maybe some other things...

0.16 - 0.3 fps, 0.17 - 30 fps, great work on optimization by development team! I guess that's why this update took 1.5 months to release.

Please note, my previous statement that I knew the plan is now false. Plans were changed, and a new direction chosen for the update

Nova said that there would be no docking and no new planets in the next update. Developers are constantly saying docking requires too many things to implement first such as modular ship structure, interiors, multiple command pods on one rocket, fuel transfer, merging ships together, reworked stage control, advanced IVA...

So it is unlikely that docking will be in 0.18. There is also something I wanted to know for a long time: are there any other programmers in Squad who are working on docking or all the job is done only by Harvester? There are other programmers in titles but nobody ever told what they were working on. :)

I see lot's of people here saying that there is going to be no docking implemented in 0.18, but so far I haven't found a single dev post supporting this statement. Would someone be so kind as to post a link here for all us innocent bystanders who don't want to get our hands dirty in the quagmire of forum flame wars? :)

The only dev post supporting the "no docking" thing was Nova, explicitly saying "docking won't be in 0.18".

But since he just said plans had changed, we are left in speculation as always :)

0.16 - 0.3 fps, 0.17 - 30 fps, great work on optimization by development team! I guess that's why this update took 1.5 months to release.

This seems to depend on people, some have better frame rates, some are having more trouble with 0.17...

Edited by Cykyrios

Yeah, the game is in a pre Alpha state for which they charge 18 Bucks. A bit of pushing and complaining is not really missplaced. Again, funny phenomenon...in no industry customers have so much tolerance for failure as in the electronics arts business.

As much as i like KSP, for my taste 18 bucks is overpriced. Minecraft as an other Indie example, is about 27 bucks in its current state. In the alpha it was free and in late beta is was about 8 Dollars and not to flame too much but Notch and Co updated way more often then Squad. But just my opinion. I bought KSP when it was way cheaper and I recommeded it then to two of my friends. As of it got really expensive for an alpha I wont recomend it again unless the game progresses much better.

I have every respect for Squad and Nova and all the other people working on this but the developement has to speed up if they want to justify the high price.

The game is missing key aspects as docking ( which was by the way anounced about 3 updates ago or something), proper mission planing (simulations ) and a lot of tweaks about the physical parameters.

Just my opinion. I am open for flame now.

Yes, but you also have to look at the quality of game Minecraft really is, while I for one am a very big Minecraft fan and play the game almost every day, to be honest if you look at the amount of bugs and everything that get overlooked and have never been fixed compared to KSP then yeah.

Yes, but you also have to look at the quality of game Minecraft really is, while I for one am a very big Minecraft fan and play the game almost every day, to be honest if you look at the amount of bugs and everything that get overlooked and have never been fixed compared to KSP then yeah.

And (not to put Notch and Co down) updating Minecraft was relatively simple. The basic premise of the regular updates was 'add a block, block code used from previous work, done' then 'add one new item with a different feature, more coding needed' and finally 'fix some bugs'.

Minecraft does not really have a lot to do with KSP 0.18 guys, Mojang kinda ignored the whole 'alpha, beta, final release' thing common in the industry and really aren't a good example of this sort of thing at all.

Remember, the topic of this thread is 0.18, if you'd like to start a Minecraft development oddities discussion in Off-Topic though, go right ahead :)

Guest TheTress

There won't be any docking. Remember how everyone was absolutely certain that docking was coming, for the last 3 updates? Yeah, no. It didn't come then, and it won't come this time. I doubt we will see any form of docking until next year.