[1.12.2] [RSS/Kerbalism/Smurff] - Dealing with Venus' pressure

Kinniken

Hi all,

I'm playing RSS with Kerbalism and SMURF as my main mods, plus a number of part mods like the Near Future series.

I'm attempting to drop probes on Venus, hoping to reach the surface, Venera 9-style. After a lot of attempts I have a design that survives reentry (even the antenna, the worse part!) and floats down with a kelvar chute from Real Chute. Everything's fine... until I reach around 16 km of altitude, at which point the pressure reaches 4000 kpa and my entire probe promptly explodes. Which seems fairly realistic, except that as far as I can tell absolutely every part in my inventory, from flimsy solar panels to structure metal beams, has a pressure limit of 4000 kpa.

I suppose I could always switch off the part pressure limit but that would be a little sad. Is there any mod or other setting I could use to have parts capable of resisting to those pressures? I could not find any mods compatible with 1.12...

Thanks

K.

Realism Overhaul does change maximum pressure limits for (some) parts to 10MPa (100atm, more than Venus’ 90atm at “sea” level), however it’s mutually incompatible with SMURFF. Maybe you could take a look inside the RO files to find the patch that sets maximum part pressure to 10MPa and copy it for your own use as a custom patch?

Moving to Add-on Discussions, since this is about a mod.

(Though it's worth noting that if you have a question about a particular mod, then the best place to ask is usually in that mod's forum thread under Add-on Releases, since that's where the  author and the frequent users hang out.)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.