[1.12.x] Rover Science Re-Mobilized - Better, interactive science for rovers!

linuxgurugamer

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 12:17 PM, Jiraiyah said:

Hi

Have a question, is there any option to disable multiple usage negative effect on the amount of science? It would be nice to have the ability for switching that mechanic off for a save game

Refresh my memory, what "negative effect"?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 8:09 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Refresh my memory, what "negative effect"?

• Upon landing, your rover will establish a landing spot. Driving farther away from where you originally landed will increase chances of finding a science spot.
  • Science spots detected far away from the rover will have a bonus multiplier added to them.

Ouch, did I understood this in reverse? Going farther away, will "increase" the science reward and chance to find science spots?

5 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:
  • Upon landing, your rover will establish a landing spot. Driving farther away from where you originally landed will increase chances of finding a science spot.
  • Science spots detected far away from the rover will have a bonus multiplier added to them.

Ouch, did I understood this in reverse? Going farther away, will "increase" the science reward and chance to find science spots?

Tht is correct.  It's designed to encourage exploration

• 4 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer Sorry for the ping, but this one is sorta nasty and now that I've got it figured out I wanted to make sure its on your radar. Have also posted this on the Real Fuels thread, but I'm not sure how active they are these days.

Anyway the issue is that there is a rather nasty 3-way interaction between Real Fuels, Extended information about scientific experiments in VAB & SPH, and Rover Science Continued, or potentially their associated dependencies.

To replicate, have the following installed (also to be clear, except for BG, everything on this list is a dependency for at least one of the three primary mods):

Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.7.1)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 1:2.1.10.21)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack v112.0.1)
Extended information about scientific experiments in VAB (ScienceSituationInfo 1:1.3.5)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.3)
Real Fuels (RealFuels 1:v15.6.2.0)
RealFuels-Stock (RealFuels-Stock v5.1.0)
Rover Science Continued (RoverScienceCont 2.3.5.7)
Solver Engines plugin (SolverEngines v3.14.0)
SpaceTux Library (SpaceTuxLibrary 0.0.8.5)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.11)

Start / Open a game, and then enter the VAB or SPH. After this, the following NRE will begin repeating endlessly until you exit out to the main menu and has resulted in 300MB+ log files before I realized what was going on:

[LOG 02:16:41.719] [RealFuelsFilters] Updated info boxes
[EXC 02:16:41.720] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	RealFuels.ModuleShowInfoUpdater.Update () (at <f43ec557c13d4aa9907800f6eb365ca2>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

The bug requires all three mods to be installed and any two of them can coexist without issue.

Here are the logs from the minimal install: Logs

EDIT: Not going to cross-post this to both of your mod threads since I don't think you need to be double notified

EDIT2: For the time being I've just uninstalled EISE since it doesn't seem to work on most non-squad experiments, so if this isn't really high on your list, don't feel like I'm adding any pressure to fix it, just wanted you to know the issue existed.

Edited by SpacedInvader

That's fair, though according to Starwaster (who doesn't actually participate in RF development anymore), the RF team may not even the forums anymore and suggested posting it to the github issues or the RO discord and I'll have to look into doing one or the other.

EDIT: Have posted this to the RF github page, so hopefully it catches their attention.

Edited by SpacedInvader

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, its 2023 and I still love this mod! thank you linuxguru for all your contributions that make this game so much better!

I know you dont support Kerbalism in many ways, but I would love to have this mod functioning in playthroughs with Kerbalism. Who could possibly help with that? I know nothing about game mods, except for installing them.

I understand Kerbalism has a different way to deal with science - we dont even have the usual keep / transmit option via dialog.  I know nothing about mods, but i believe one would need to add attributes like the experiment size - data(MB) / slots (units) , for each scannable Rover science  object. I believe these "new attributes" could  be ignored in normal playthroughs...

Would love to hear back from you or anyone who could help. Cheers!

Just to add a bit more of information... With Kerbalism, there are no errors shown to the user, the parts work, the domes appear in the map and they change in size and color, the UI also changes accordingly to Scanning oportunities. However, when we finally hit the "Scan" button, nothing happens. Kerbalism has no way to deal with this experiment due to its nature..

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Range upgrades (possibly others?) are not being restored when a craft is reloaded. Worse, they're being reverted when a rover is loaded. 

1. Upgrade a Science Rover - save file shows e.g. distance upgrade correctly
  2. Back to KSC
  3. Back to rover
  4. Before even opening the UI - upgrades reverted in save file.
  5. UI shows the same - upgrades have been reverted.

This Rover was stored in a 'Hangar' prior to launch, if that would make any difference?

[ERR 19:19:29.774] Exception loading ScenarioModule RoverScienceScenario: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RoverScience.RoverScienceScenario.OnLoad (ConfigNode node) [0x0015b] in <b871d4a845ea49fe87482229167c673b>:0 
  at ScenarioModule.Load (ConfigNode node) [0x0000e] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0 
  at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (ConfigNode node) [0x0005e] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0 

Link to zipped logs & save game

Edited by Kielm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.