SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Hi everyone this is my first time posting.

This is my newest space station.

It is a research/science station in orbit over Eve.

I made it with 2 launches (well 3 really but the last was just because I forgot to load the crew on board the first rocket), the first was the station section and the second was the engine section it is nice and compact so I get good FPS.

The station section is a science lab with plenty of room for its crew of 12, it has 4 escape pods that can get all the crew safely back to Kerbin orbit, I probably went a bit overkill with the Ion engine fuel but its better to have too much than not enough. I use RemoteTech2 so it also has plenty of setellite dishes and a remote guidance unit so it can be a Remote mission control. There is also a medium docking port on the other side and once the engine section is dropped there will be a free large docking port.

The engine section is 10 nuclear engines feeding from an orange tank and 6 smaller tanks, I still had almost half my fuel left when I reached Eve and circularized (I used http://alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/ to help with aerobraking.

Mods i used on this are Mechjeb, RemoteTech2, and KW rocketry.

B7774EC30423D9C39DDDBC8BB8BF45983EEA90CA

Here's a few pictures of my 6.4:10 Kerbol save space station, Europa Station. It's the best I've ever built and it took 9 launches to complete, so any rep would be appreciated :D

ZK3UosM.png

rHxhhZb.png

My Tiger CTV, just a work in progress till I get a better looking one up and running. It does it's job.

IleCIC3.png

Another shot.

SLgMWaU.png

My old 0.22(?) station before I crashed my interplanetary ship into it (don't ask).

Home Point Starport, intended to support incoming and outgoing ships.

BFTLLM4.png

F52PA7l.png

And because I know people will ask, here's the mod for the torus. Just be aware that I modified the textures of the torus in my game, so the downloaded textures will differ.

EDIT: Just got Kraken'd. Don't know if it was KSP or the Torus that did it, but... Kraken'd. Station is destroyed, fortunately with no Kerbals aboard. Damn it :(

EDIT 2: Was neither KSP nor the Torus; t'was another mod that screwed things up (somehow, I think...). Restored a back-up, Home Point lives again :)

EDIT 3 (what?!): Nope, it was the Torus. Just got Kraken'd again :huh:

Edited by RogueMason

"My kod, it's full of SRBs!" - Jeb when entering the Kerbolith, and last transmission from Kerscovery.

Now, make the Discovery and Station V!

:D Nice, i instantly envisioned primal Jeb, throwing a bone in the air... then the camera blends to a tumbling SRB in space, 25000 years later...

Hopefully the object has the measures of 1:4:9...