SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Kerbolab: my first .25 space station. It's not really much of a station as it is an orbiting lab. I've done two missions with it. One was to process science in Kerbin orbit and the other boosted the station out to Munar orbit to process even more science. It doesn't even have a probe core.

HfwaK6Y.png

Roche Crew Transporter: I forgot why I needed to send 20 kerbals into orbit at once, but I did. I plan on using this to take kerbals wherever I need them in the Kerbin system.

K64EtW5.png

I'm not really sure this counts as a station either, but I plan to dock a bunch of stuff to it over time.

EDIT: Since I keep getting rep, I'll post the craft file for the RCT (stock) here. Enjoy! :D

EDIT: fixed download link

Edited by xub313

This is really nice man.

Good looking faring too, great job!

Kerbolab: my first .25 space station. It's not really much of a station as it is an orbiting lab. I've done two missions with it. One was to process science in Kerbin orbit and the other boosted the station out to Munar orbit to process even more science. It doesn't even have a probe core.

I like to explore the Mun and Minmus this way. Send some fuel and a reusable lander out there to dock with the station. The lander then goes to the surface, the pilot does science and then returns to the station. You use the lab to clean the experiments, refuel and repeat. When your fuel supply runs low, send a resupply ship from Kerbin. This saves having to launch from Kerbin every time.

If you equip the lander with two sets of goo/materials experiments, you can take two sets of data from each biome. One gets stored and eventually returned on the resupply ship, and the other gets analysed in the orbiting lab and transmitted to get some science now.

My stations start out fairly small and get built up in stages like this. The next part could be a habitat module with a couple of hitchhiker cabins, then a fuel tank module, then an adaptor with multiple docking ports...

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I built this monster all by hand in Munar orbit like 2 versions ago. It was quite gratifying getting that last piece docked to complete the square! Alas, the part count is so astronomical that it's pretty much unusable on my machine. It's too bad, because it actually flies fairly well!

Exploring the corridors of hollow space stations using a pack of subassemblies I've released on this thread.

http://i.imgur.com/Cmc53bB.png

http://i.imgur.com/avK1oKe.png

http://i.imgur.com/LtESn0j.png

http://i.imgur.com/3fNgZi2.png

http://i.imgur.com/vSVpJ75.png

Check it out, it's tons of fun!

Very Cool! I like it, you should add the launcher you used to put this in orbit

Here's a single stage station. It's a little "iffy" to fly, but it has everything you need to get started.

8LjzDWk.jpg?1

:0.0::0.0::0.0:

I like your single stage station and gave me some ideas but... how do you move the "packed" solar panels and communotron from his launching docking ports to his final position?

:0.0::0.0::0.0:

I like your single stage station and gave me some ideas but... how do you move the "packed" solar panels and communotron from his launching docking ports to his final position?

If you look towards the top of his station he has 2 probes with mini docking ports that can detach, grab those modules, and then go dock them in place and return to their spot on top of the station. At least that's what it looks like :)

... and now for a change, my first 6.4x Kerbin station, Vercetti! (imaginatively named after Tommy Vercetti, you know, the guy from Vice City).

Zw0NAsT.png

It weighs masses 1.7 tons and can fit two kerbals (one in the cuppola and one in the airlock). This has to be the smallest station I've ever done in KSP.

This is my first time using life support, so I packed enough supplies for 20-day missions. After that, a craft needs to replenish the oxygen and dump the CO2. What do you think about it?

EDIT: It is supposed to dock with a gemini-like spacecraft. I'll post pictures of it once I actually send the two guys up there. This station is supposed to be to my Gemini-like spacecraft what Skylab was to Apollo. Kind of an orbital workshop to conduct experiments, stay in orbit for longer, and test new stuff.

Edited by astropapi1

... and now for a change, my first 6.4x Kerbin station, Vercetti! (imaginatively named after Tommy Vercetti, you know, the guy from Vice City).

http://i.imgur.com/Zw0NAsT.png

It weighs masses 1.7 tons and can fit two kerbals (one in the cuppola and one in the airlock). This has to be the smallest station I've ever done in KSP.

This is my first time using life support, so I packed enough supplies for 20-day missions. After that, a craft needs to replenish the oxygen and dump the CO2. What do you think about it?

EDIT: It is supposed to dock with a gemini-like spacecraft. I'll post pictures of it once I actually send the two guys up there. This station is supposed to be to my Gemini-like spacecraft what Skylab was to Apollo. Kind of an orbital workshop to conduct experiments, stay in orbit for longer, and test new stuff.

i would have called it the Nautilus, after Jules Verne's 20.000 leagues under the sea :) Cute little thing. You should try to build the MOL or the TKS. they come with a return pod :)

screenshot1435.png

Docking the Nauka to the ISS with 5 frames / second.. :-|

I am thinking about adjusting the angles of some of the parts, I just slapped the thing together (three launch ISS + some additional launches for fun) and maybe redoing the solar trusses so they're twice he size :)

Edited by WooDzor

i would have called it the Nautilus, after Jules Verne's 20.000 leagues under the sea :) Cute little thing. You should try to build the MOL or the TKS. they come with a return pod :)

On the process of building it, I got slightly creeped out by the fact that it looked like a submarine. Space submarines are creepy.

I'm goint to do a MOL equivalent eventually, since TKS is way too big (relatively) to the scale of my 6.4 stuff. :)

On the process of building it, I got slightly creeped out by the fact that it looked like a submarine. Space submarines are creepy.

I'm goint to do a MOL equivalent eventually, since TKS is way too big (relatively) to the scale of my 6.4 stuff. :)

screenshot1422.png

I build a TKS last night, but forgot to take screenshots and because big deadline today I don't think it will be appreciated if I open up KSP on my workstation :D

If you look towards the top of his station he has 2 probes with mini docking ports that can detach, grab those modules, and then go dock them in place and return to their spot on top of the station. At least that's what it looks like :)
Sippyfrog got it!

I put two remote drone tugs just for balance. Normally, I just use one to do the work.

Would you like the craft file?

Oh! Now I see those remote tugs :P , and next I can't see if there are some RCS on the packed modules so after docking the tug with it's maybe a bit difficult to control. Im right?

This is my very first station ever, and my first time docking, I did it on my first try :) Docking is easy really, whats hard for me is tweaking to get close enough.

Launched 4 rockets, the main core, the fuel module, the solar module, and the radio communications module:

StarburstStation_zps04437e35.png

Tell me what you think ^-^

next I can't see if there are some RCS on the packed modules so after docking the tug with it's maybe a bit difficult to control. Im right?

The packed modules don't have RCS. The tugs are more than capable of wrestling them into place.