SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Minmus Kethane Reserve 01

O0Z1GOA.png

Shown with a Single Stage To Minmus spacecraft docked to it's spaceplane dock.

The station can hold a little bit over 2 of the huge Kethane tanks worth of the stuff, and the lander/miner can haul the entire storage apparatus from the surface and back all in one piece, though it is very, very hard to land due to it's top-heaviness.

My first try of a space station using the OKS modules, including a PDU which was the first part launched together with the node and a previously docked command module until the habitat came up, making solar panels useless. Crew is only two because somehow this build just needs two in the science lab.

Would be great to get your opinion about it and maybe suggestions how to make better space stations.

fwm1-1m-72b3.jpg

It's not much, but it was all carried up in SSTOs

ypI1zOV.png

It's hard to see at this angle, but the station also mounts an ion probe, a NERVA designed to dock on the spaceplane''s belly port for interplanetary flights, and a handful of microtugs. And one of those spaceplanes has been decomissioned to function as additional fuel tankage.

I never realised to build the space station in its entirety in the vab before splitting and launching, it makes so much sense!

All these space stations are wicked really nice space stations, heres one of mine

28DA0B12AB6488DF471B23E4CF3AE7DDA4C3BBD2

>>Before the solar frame retracts

>> In the top right you can just see a part of the crane i use to dock it all together after orbital rendezvous

>> In the bottom right you can see im quicksaving.

>> You cannot see i was using mechjeb :P

F28FC1FAA748BAB8200AD15CAC5E915BCA8BC759

>Solar panels extended

Dmagic orbital science parts, building another kethane space station around minmus for fuel producs. Infernal robotics hinges to move the girders. Aha these screenshots are from before the kracken the solar panels were clipping on the girders, my V2 solar array folds out nearly twice as far but only has solars below and above, no side solars.

Fun times, your stations are all cool! Thanks

They're the stock Mk2 crew tanks if my thoughts are correct. Made a big plane with a fuselage like that; no crew tanks though :)

Ah, I thought they might have been after looking more closely after I posted. It's hard to make out the cross-section at that angle. :)

Showing off my OKS station.

In my current project my little self sufficient OKS station had the infrastructure to run an orbital dock, but not enough raw material or rocket part storage so I kept having to run several supply missions too complete a build. I decided it was time for an expansion

Whare o te marama Station in its early days

6A7B007CC9F6D643C6EFEAD210A292BA0C769B26

D8A66D581235A2677E3478B5C9424D483AF67AB1

With only enough storage for 20000ish rocket parts and ore it couldn't build things bigger than itself

So a large expansion was built over many months or shuttle transfers sending resources gradually to the station to build the new project, the expansion took nearly 200,000 rocket parts.

140600F357BB995306A10AB055F2CB410D4DE635

The new expansion was so massive that docking it would be impossible. Instead I backed off the little station which weighs only 300 tons and carefully docked it to its new giant section.

Almost finished now, Henkel the spider kerbal got bored of spinning his web (KAS can be rather tedious) so a few arms remain unstrung

910323E2FEFE856EBD6A6A66322F481394CFB35A

C5E93A78371E6D7BBB6644AE309D5F9B2A5F2584

And its only 400 parts, 100 of those are the little connector tubes im building a spider web from

And here is my orbital fuel depot

538285678AD69025B30811621B8577309C05C443

Edited by Wetapunga

Nothing too spectacular. But I rediscovered BobCat's packs this week and did some testing to eventually convert them to RSS and Realism Overhaul. Got Mir built:

IgdUrE4.png

Everything in proper orientation and location.

Na9kNUX.png

Took 3 orbits to depart from the station properly(to distance of 3.5km before de-orbiting). You can see in this image the Soyuz, Mir, Eve, Jool, Minmus and Eeloo.