[KSP >= 1.3.1] Hooligan Labs Airships Core - Development Thread - 7.0.1.0 - 2022-0509

Lisias

4 hours ago, Reylan said:

Kottabos Games is who I am referring to, sorry, just KG. 

https://www.mediafire.com/view/lv2z30al4ycysw3/Image1.jpg/file  (Image1: Toolbar; Flight Screen)

https://www.mediafire.com/view/p6gwjrvi05lxyoh/Image2.jpg/file (Image2: Toolbar Continued, end of Toolbar; Flight Screen)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ipzx8rj37zb2ey3/KSP.log/file (KSP.Log after closing out properly from the saved game I have)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uz6jxjq97c7zr99/ModList.txt/file (ModList.txt created by CKAN for your use)

If you need anything else, just let me know and thank you.

Yep, now I see. There's really something missing in your screenshots. Looking into your KSP.log, I found this:

[LOG 16:13:22.678] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HLAirshipsCore/Parts/Aero/HL_AirshipEnvelope/part/HL_AirshipEnvelope'
[ERR 16:13:22.682] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'HLEnvelopePartModule'

And this repeats on every HLAirshipCore part, what implies that HLAirshipsCore DLL was not loaded.

What is effectivelly happening:

[WRN 16:10:47.161] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'HLA.WatchDog' has not met dependency 'KSPe' V2.4.0
[WRN 16:10:47.161] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'HLA.WatchDog' has not met dependency 'KSPe.UI' V2.4.0
[WRN 16:10:47.161] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'HLA.WatchDog' is missing 2 dependencies
[WRN 16:10:47.161] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'HLAirShips' has not met dependency 'KSPe' V2.4.0
[WRN 16:10:47.161] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'HLAirShips' has not met dependency 'KSPe.UI' V2.4.0
[WRN 16:10:47.161] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'HLAirShips' is missing 2 dependencies

You are using a beta release of HLAirhips, not the one published on SpaceDock and CKAN. The Beta releases are compiled against KSPe, and you need to have the latest one installed in order to use the Beta releases, you can find it here: https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSPe/releases .

However.. Are you really sure you need to install a Beta Release? I'm fixing a thingy or two on them, but most of the mishaps I'm fixing are related to coexistence with the (AFAIK deprecated) HLAirships 6.4 . You are welcome to "go beta" if you want, but if the current Release (available on CKAN and SpaceDock) works for you, you may want to stick on it and save the hassle of manually updating things.

As a matter of fact, while checking your issue, I detected I had committed some typos on the latest betas release and I will issue yet a new Beta Release today or tomorrow...

In time… There're a lot of NRE on a lot of your parts. This is hindering your game, as these parts are not usesable and you can't know what parts are affected or not. You may want to seek for help on them, the are verry numerous to list here but by opening your KSP.log and looking for NullReferenceException . GU_Parts, TAC, WildBlueIndustries and MKShuttle are some of them - what suggests that there are someone else screwing up things for everybody. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to keep digging this one for you… Sorry.

3 hours ago, luna_cat said:

I had the same experience after the last update, earlier this week. The GUI button disappeared from the KSP toolbar. Also the contextual menu available when you click on parts while on the runway is missing the GUI button, as well as all of the buoyancy adjustments. The GUI is also missing from the space plane hanger.

I'm reasonably confident you got the same issue above! Send me the KSP.log so I can be sure. 

Cheers!

— POST EDIT — 

It was a mishap on the AssemblyInfo.cs file! See below!

Edited by Lisias
post edit

This was immensely helpful and I appreciate the time you put into this. Thank you. I think it is about time to do a fresh take on some of this. I find myself with 120 mods and they are not all useful to my play experience. I think I can narrow that group down a lot more. 

No worries, I consider the modding part of this game one of its biggest draws. Thank you again!

I am definitely not using the beta release. I only install through CKAN.

My file paths are 1.11.2, but I'm actually updated to 1.12.1.3142

I will have to setup some file sharing before I can share the whole log. In the mean time...

Looking for "HLA" in the log, there's this:

[LOG 23:11:23.411] Load(Assembly): HLAirshipsCore/Plugins/HLA.WatchDog
[LOG 23:11:23.412] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\KSP_win64 1.11.2\GameData\HLAirshipsCore\Plugins\HLA.WatchDog.dll
[LOG 23:11:23.413] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'HLA.WatchDog' V7.0.0
[LOG 23:11:23.413] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe' V2.4.0
[LOG 23:11:23.413] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.UI' V2.4.0
[LOG 23:11:23.413] Load(Assembly): HLAirshipsCore/Plugins/HLAirships
[LOG 23:11:23.413] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\KSP_win64 1.11.2\GameData\HLAirshipsCore\Plugins\HLAirships.dll
[LOG 23:11:23.415] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'HLAirShips' V7.0.0
[LOG 23:11:23.415] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe' V2.4.0
[LOG 23:11:23.415] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssemblyDependency 'KSPe.UI' V2.4.0
[LOG 23:11:23.415] Load(Assembly): HLAirshipsCore/Plugins/KSPe.Light.HLAirshipsCore
[LOG 23:11:23.416] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\KSP_win64 1.11.2\GameData\HLAirshipsCore\Plugins\KSPe.Light.HLAirshipsCore.dll
[LOG 23:11:23.418] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'KSPe.Light.HLAirshipsCore' V2.4.0

Followed later by:

[WRN 23:11:23.699] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'HLA.WatchDog' has not met dependency 'KSPe' V2.4.0
[WRN 23:11:23.699] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'HLA.WatchDog' has not met dependency 'KSPe.UI' V2.4.0
[WRN 23:11:23.699] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'HLA.WatchDog' is missing 2 dependencies
[WRN 23:11:23.699] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'HLAirShips' has not met dependency 'KSPe' V2.4.0
[WRN 23:11:23.699] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'HLAirShips' has not met dependency 'KSPe.UI' V2.4.0
[WRN 23:11:23.699] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'HLAirShips' is missing 2 dependencies

Later on

Mod DLLs found:
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes v1.0.0.0
KSPe.Light.HLAirshipsCore v2.4.1.15
kerbal-impact v0.0.0.0

[LOG 23:11:24.654] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Startup' from assembly 'KSPe.Light.HLAirshipsCore'
[LOG 23:11:24.657] [KSPe.Globals] INFO: KSPe.cfg does not exists. Using defaults.

[LOG 23:12:18.489] [KSPe.Light.HLAirshipsCore] Version 2.4.1.15 /L for HLAirshipsCore /L

[LOG 23:13:30.877] Load(Texture): HLAirshipsCore/Agencies/HooliganLabs
[LOG 23:13:30.904] Load(Texture): HLAirshipsCore/Agencies/HooliganLabs_scaled
[LOG 23:13:30.928] Load(Texture): HLAirshipsCore/Category/AirshipIcon
[WRN 23:13:30.944] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\KSP_win64 1.11.2\GameData\HLAirshipsCore\Category\AirshipIcon.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression
[LOG 23:13:30.954] Load(Texture): HLAirshipsCore/Category/AirshipIconOn
[WRN 23:13:30.970] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\KSP_win64 1.11.2\GameData\HLAirshipsCore\Category\AirshipIconOn.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

[LOG 23:12:39.284] Deleting root node in file HLAirshipsCore/Category/Category node: @MODCAT:HAS[#title[Airships]]:NEEDS[HLAirships-Installed] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS

There's a set of these messages for each of the HLA parts:

[LOG 23:20:38.939] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'AirshipCap'
[LOG 23:20:38.997] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'HLAirshipsCore/Parts/Aero/HL_AirshipEnvelope/part/HL_AirshipEnvelope'
[ERR 23:20:39.007] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'HLEnvelopePartModule'

[LOG 23:20:39.031] PartLoader: Part 'HLAirshipsCore/Parts/Aero/HL_AirshipEnvelope/part/HL_AirshipEnvelope' has no database record. Creating.

And finally:

[LOG 23:29:40.017] KerbalEngineer -> Assembly: Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Assembly: KSPe.Light.HLAirshipsCore, Version=2.4.1.15, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

1 hour ago, luna_cat said:

I am definitely not using the beta release. I only install through CKAN.

You are right! @Reylan, I think this explains your case too.

Somehow, the binary I uploaded to github (and later to SpaceDock) as 7.0.1.0 was compiled against KSPe (full), but the VS project file committed and tagged to 7.0.1.0 is telling me that it should had been compiled against KSPe.Light.HLAirships.dll .

A short term workaround is to install KSPe - https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSPe/releases . But this is not the agreement I have with Jewel Shisen, HLAirshipsCode should not have external dependencies on Releases.

I'm trying to understand what happened, I will come back to you guys ASAP. I will have this fixed as soon as I understand what krakens gone wrong on this.

— — POST EDIT — — 

Found the problem, but didn't understood what happened yet. I didn't messed up this time, it's something wrong on the building stack. The project is telling VS to compile against the KSPe.Light.HLAirships, but by some reason beyound me the DLL is looking for KSPe itself instead!!!

— — POST POST EDIT — — 

Found the mishap. I forgot the KSP Dependencies tags on the AssemblyInfo.cs … :/

Edited by Lisias
POST POST EDIT

1 hour ago, luna_cat said:

Thank you for the very quick response. 

I may have a dull, thick head - but once the correct information finally passes through, things happen fast! :)

I'm finishing proper testings for the 7.0.1.0R2 with this punctual problem fixed, and I will publish it on SpaceDock in the next hour tops!

— POST EDIT — 

Done. SpaceDock (and CKAN) is updated to 7.0.1.0R2 . 

Edited by Lisias
tyop! Surprised?

A new beta release was published for the early adopters and fellow Kerbonauts willing to fly on the bleeding edge and don't fear the Krakens! :)

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/HLAirshipsCore/releases/tag/RELEASE%2F7.0.1.4

184462863-f45ecc49-d9c8-4fae-83ee-730617

Lots of fixes related to attachment nodes, and one on the Category (some things were broken when installed together the legacy HLA 6.4).

About the attachment nodes, in special on the HL Envelope ones (Hecto, Octo, and normal), you now will need to press ALT if you want to attach the Envelope "laterally", as now you will have the assistance of two more convenient Stack Nodes for this task. Without pressing ALT people used to the previous "attachement system" will get the thing shifted 90°. This happens because I fixed the node that is means to attach Gondolas! From now on, it will be way more easier to build your craft from the Command Pod towards the Envelopes, instead of starting on the Envelopes due the messed up attachment node. Thanks for the @ColdJ for the tip, I kept this cooking for 3 months until I finally had the time to spend on tinkering the thing! :)

Additionally, from now on I finally got my .. hum… things :P together and created a proper KSP 1.12.3 test bed without KSPe - I should had done this before, to tell you the true. I took so long to realise the mishap fixed on 7.0.1.0R2 because I had KSPe installed everywhere here, and forgot to remove it on some test beds after a lot of bug hunt sessions I did in the last months...

Well, MacOS nowadays use a CopyOnWrite approach while copying folders and files on the filesystem, so I really have no excuses to had failed on creating a proper Teste Bed for Releases, instead of blindly trusting the tests made on the development test beds (that are able to detect functional problems, but not environmental ones as that one…).

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
tyops! Who would thought of that? :P

• 2 months later...

Is it possible to release it with just the plugins, without the parts? I'm using this because it is a dependency of Angel-125's Airships.

The parts are ok, it's just that it looks off with the texture resolution Airships has compared to this. Another thing is that it takes up RAM, and I don't like pruning with JanitorsCloset because it might be game breaking...

1 hour ago, iterationAstro said:

Is it possible to release it with just the plugins, without the parts? I'm using this because it is a dependency of Angel-125's Airships.

The parts are ok, it's just that it looks off with the texture resolution Airships has compared to this. Another thing is that it takes up RAM, and I don't like pruning with JanitorsCloset because it might be game breaking...

I see no reason for me not doing it, but it's up to @JewelShisen the decision of how to distribute it officially - what do you think, @JewelShisen?

In the mean time, on this link you will find a "NoParts" zip file that you can download and install. It's not different from manually delete the GameData/HLAirshipsCore/Parts folder on your rig, but having it available on my github allows you to automate the installation somehow.

I fired it up on a clean 1.12.3 and checked if by some reason it would not bork due the absence of the parts (to tell you the true, I never tried it before, shame on me!) and found no obvious problems - if by any reason you find something wrong on using the "partless" together Heisenberg, yell here and I check it (pending Real Life™ agreement… :P ).

Cheers!

On 10/22/2022 at 12:18 PM, Lisias said:

In the mean time, on this link you will find a "NoParts" zip file that you can download and install. It's not different from manually delete the GameData/HLAirshipsCore/Parts folder on your rig, but having it available on my github allows you to automate the installation somehow.

Oh my, thank you so much! I didn't think y'all would be this chill about it... Apologies if I didn't realize I could just delete the parts folder myself, I'm just really straightforward whenever I'm modding my games and I'm not that technical in terms of game files (despite my experience with game developing in Unity).

11 hours ago, iterationAstro said:

Oh my, thank you so much! 

Welcome!

11 hours ago, iterationAstro said:

I didn't think y'all would be this chill about it... Apologies if I didn't realize I could just delete the parts folder myself

Don't mind, it was not a problem. I had assumed you wanted to automate your installation somehow - some add'ons use to have a "DLL only" distribution file, and by the description of you problem it made sense to build one. Automated tools rarely are smart enough to allow you to remove parts of the package, they usually just unpack the ZIP over the GameData and call it a day.

"Float safe". :) 

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

NOTAM

TweakScale (and some other mods) are borking due PDLauncher changing how things are started up on KSP.

On reddit, it was found the copying everything (but Squad and SquadExpansion) from <KSPROOT>/GameData to <KSPROOT/PDLauncher/GameData will "fix" the problem.

Problem: what happens with the settings.cfg? The savegames? KSP.log surelly is there now.

I will have an answer to it soon.

In a way or another, using PDLauncher is highly not advisable with or without Mods. 

NOTAM

Given that I finally got a Windows machine (blergh) to test things, I could check things myself and understood what happened about PD Launcher

The whole ordeal was a mess. PD Launcher is not a problem. POINT. TweakScale was the one reporting something wrong, not the victim nor the cause of the problem. POINT.

Some dude tried to accomplish something on Steam Launcher, made a mistake, and then a lot of people started to shoot the messenger (TweakScale) and I got involved on the shooting without a gun.

Yes, I'm eating my words on this one.

— — 

I just got notice of an even better solution!

Edited by Lisias
post edit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.