My first moon landing! [Story & Pictures]

GeekyMe97

The little kerbal of mine really wanted to land on the moon despite his major lack of fuel when he orbited around the moon. A simple EVA wasn't enough for him. He decided to take the risk and started to slow down and descend.

When he started to get close to the surface, he knew that the fuel wasn't going to last long enough. He panicked and did his best to save fuel for as long as he could.

It was going to be a hard landing. The landing gear was felt down to reduce the damage on touchdown, but it wasn't going to be enough.

About 100 meters from the surface the fuel ran out and he was still falling, fast. He ejected right before touchdown to try to save him self by using his jet-pack to reduce the fall speed.

He was to late, immediately after ejecting he and his lander smashed into the ground.

Explosions and parts flew all around him.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/2729/screenshot2lxn.png

When he woke up he could see the remainders from his lander just a hundred meters away from him.

He knew that if he ever wanted to get home back, he had get to the lander and see if he could find the radio in the command-pod to report his position.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3496/screenshot4wvs.png

He managed to get to the remains of the lander but the command-pod was nowhere to be seen.

He knew that there was no way for him to get back home.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/4817/screenshot5dfv.png

As his oxygen started to run out he sat by the broken lander and cried.

His never ending sleep was about to start.

Thanks for reading this little story of mine!

If you've got any thoughts about it, leave a reply! :D

This actually happen to me in game and I wanted to write a "story" about it, so I did.

I found it cool that he actually survived the harsh landing :P

Also, this was indeed my first moon landing!

Excited for the other planets! :)

Edited by GeekyMe97

I feel sorry for him :( kudos for jumping out of your command pod just before impact xD

Haha, thanks xP

Also, on my other shot for the moon, I managed to get Jebediah on the moon without crashing.

The only problem is that he doesn't have enough fuel to get back home :(

http://imageshack.us/a/img94/5067/screenshot7gq.png

Also, on my other shot for the moon, I managed to get Jebediah on the moon without crashing.

The only problem is that he doesn't have enough fuel to get back home :(

Gratz :) using a mod which empty command pods or crew tanks you can always bring your stranded kerbals back to kerbin. Landing within walking distance of them is a challenge though.

It doesn't have to be a sad story. I've left Jeb parked in just a capsule on Eve for 8 game years while I've been trying missions to the outer planets. He hasn't run out of air or food yet. Those capsules have really terrific wi-fi, too, so he's not even bored.

It doesn't have to be a sad story. I've left Jeb parked in just a capsule on Eve for 8 game years while I've been trying missions to the outer planets. He hasn't run out of air or food yet. Those capsules have really terrific wi-fi, too, so he's not even bored.

That sounds awesome~

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.