Test Team is growing!

RayneCloud

Just to clear things up -

For us Americans, it is not illegal for us a minors to enter into a contract. However, if we do enter into one and don't uphold our end, we can't be touched, as we are legally "incapable" of contract-holding. So, at any point, a minor in the employ of Squad for testing could just garble on about the experimentals to non-testers. Sure, Squad would revoke the testing status, but no further action could be taken (even if they wanted to) against the minor for violating a contract he/she isn't legally obliged to uphold.

In addition to that, written consent would be a pain to handle and ship across the world, not to mention expensive, especially for a small company such as Squad. You can thank red tape and overzealous legislation, although it is protective towards certain minors who don't understand what the word "contract" actually means.

It all boils down to too much work and chance of failure for a little testing job, which is in my opinion too risky to try.

DISLCAIMER:

The above is not from, nor does it represent, the opinion of SQUAD, Electro-Chango, or any related entity. The above is entirely the research and opinion of the poster, Radion.

Edited by Radion
Added disclaimer

Just to clear things up -

For us Americans, it is not illegal for us a minors to enter into a contract. However, if we do enter into one and don't uphold our end, we can't be touched, as we are legally "incapable" of contract-holding. So, at any point, a minor in the employ of Squad for testing could just garble on about the experimentals to non-testers. Sure, Squad would revoke the testing status, but no further action could be taken (even if they wanted to) against the minor for violating a contract he/she isn't legally obliged to uphold.

In addition to that, written consent would be a pain to handle and ship across the world, not to mention expensive, especially for a small company such as Squad. You can thank red tape and overzealous legislation, although it is protective towards certain minors who don't understand what the word "contract" actually means.

It all boils down to too much work and chance of failure for a little testing job, which is in my opinion too risky to try.

DISLCAIMER:

The above is not from, nor does it represent, the opinion of SQUAD, Electro-Chango, or any related entity. The above is entirely the research and opinion of the poster, Radion.

Most interesting. Guess The end answer is I have to wait 3 years to be alowed into the test group. I dont think ima make the cut :C

Agree with Radion. There's liability on SQUAD's part since the contract means nothing to the minor party and he/she is not bound by it.

Also for the record I've signed plenty of NDAs and a simple fax, sign, fax back has worked for me.