Can't load vehicles in SPH

KSP:  1.12.3.3173

Problem: The load, edit, and fly key dont work on some of my vehicles. They dont work on all of the saves and only the SPH is affected, the VAB vehicles all work normally.

Video: https://youtu.be/Q0BiICLva8M

Mods installed:

Astronomer's Visual Pack v4.12

AtmosphereAutopilot (Fly-By-Wire)  v1.5.19

BDArmory for Runway Project v1.4.18.4

Distant Object Enhancement /L v2.1.1.7

Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux v1.11.6.1

Kerbal Engineer Redux v1.1.9.0

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued v3.6.1

KSP Recall v0.2.2.3

Module Manager v4.2.1

Physics Range Extender v1.21.0

PlanetShine v0.2.6.6

Scatterer v0.0835

TUFX 1.0.2.3

TweakScale - Rescale Everything! v2.4.6.15b

VesselMover Continued v1.12.0

Waterfall Core v0.8.1

Reproduction Steps:

Create a save, then try to load any vehicle on SPH

Log:

https://files.fm/down.php?i=4v7vs2jv6

13 hours ago, guituga--- said:

KSP:  1.12.3.3173

Problem: The load, edit, and fly key dont work on some of my vehicles. They dont work on all of the saves and only the SPH is affected, the VAB vehicles all work normally.

This is happening due some DLL borking into an Exception while loading the craft. This kills the thread prematurely, lefting behind a lot of unfinished business. Sometimes one of these unfinished business is something you can see (as not loading the craft partially or completely).

There're a lot of Exceptions scattered on your KSP.log, but the following ones are the my current suspects for your problems:

Uploading Crash Report
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at UIPartActionControllerInventory.UpdateCursorOverPAWs () [0x00082] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0
  at UIPartActionController.Update () [0x00000] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

(Filename: <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d> Line: 0)

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 10)
KerbalEngineer -> Exception SimManager.StartSimulation() // System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not s
  at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.SimManager.StartSimulation () [0x00054] in <134deb60e87843589b7ea1a020650b28>
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

And also, besides I thinking not being directly related to your problem, you appears to have Scatterer installed twice on your rig:

[Scatterer][Error] Destroying duplicate instance, check your install for duplicate scatterer folders, or nested G
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

But it's a guess, I'm just taking the hint of the message as real. It may be a false alarm.

Problem : I didn't ever had any of the first two exceptions above, and I don't have the slightest idea about what can be happening. In special, the PAWs one is puzzling. So what follows is a bunch of educated guesses, that may or may not help on diagnosing the problem.

1) The PAWS problem may be relate to KSPCommunityFixes. I remember reading that they was changing things on the PAWS, and so a borderline situation that was being tolerated before may be being missed at all on the new code, and it may explain this problem.

2) Something is screwing up Kerbal Engineer (probably due the previous Exception).

So, in order to realise what's happening in fact, we will go to a UNINSTALL fest. But to do it safely, you need to fully backup everything (do a CTRL-C + CTRL-V on the KSP root folder) and then mangle only the backup. On every test, you remove the backup and do it again from scratch - and you never touch the original KSP. Ok?

So:

Attempt 1:

• Remove KSPCommunityFixes
  • Remove Kerbal Engineeer
  • Fire up the backup KSP and try to reproduce the problem

If the problem happens again, then that two guesses of mine above are wrong, and so I will need the new full KSP.log (Player.log doesn't have all the information I need easily findable!) to inspect it again and try to find new suspects.

Good hunting!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for replying and I'm sorry for the late reply as I haven't checked the forum recently.

On 5/30/2022 at 7:15 AM, Lisias said:

The PAWS problem may be relate to KSPCommunityFixes. I remember reading that they was changing things on the PAWS, and so a borderline situation that was being tolerated before may be being missed at all on the new code, and it may explain this problem.

I don't have PAWS nor KSPCommunityFixes installed, so I don't know what the problem may be.

Remove Kerbal Engineeer

I have removed Kerbal Engineer, but sadly the problem still presists.

and so I will need the new full KSP.log (Player.log doesn't have all the information I need easily findable!) to inspect it again and try to find new suspects.

Here is the new KSP log and the Player log too: https://files.fm/u/z3g5b4742

Again, thank you for replying, and have a good day/night!

3 hours ago, guituga--- said:

Thank you very much for replying and I'm sorry for the late reply as I haven't checked the forum recently.

I don't have PAWS nor KSPCommunityFixes installed, so I don't know what the problem may be.

I have removed Kerbal Engineer, but sadly the problem still presists.

Here is the new KSP log and the Player log too: https://files.fm/u/z3g5b4742

Again, thank you for replying, and have a good day/night!

Hi! Welcome back! :) (and welcome!!)

So, I dug into this new log and… WHOA!!!… :o

[WRN 20:39:32.848] [UpgradeScript]: JPLRepo ModuleDockingNodeFixed replace supports files from 1.12.0 and higher only!
[EXC 20:39:32.855] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        SaveUpgradePipeline.v180_ModuleControlSurface.ConvertControlAuthority (ConfigNode mNode, ModuleControlSurface module) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        SaveUpgradePipeline.v180_ModuleControlSurface.OnUpgrade (ConfigNode node, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext loadContext, ConfigNode parentNode) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf
3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        SaveUpgradePipeline.UpgradeScript+<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<Upgrade>b__0 (ConfigNode node, ConfigNode parent) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        SaveUpgradePipeline.UpgradeScript.RecurseNodes (ConfigNode node, System.String[] urlNodes, System.Int32 level, Callback`2[T,U] cb, ConfigNode parent) (at <39c0323fb6b
449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        SaveUpgradePipeline.UpgradeScript.RecurseNodes (ConfigNode node, System.String[] urlNodes, System.Int32 level, Callback`2[T,U] cb, ConfigNode parent) (at <39c0323fb6b
449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        SaveUpgradePipeline.UpgradeScript.Upgrade (ConfigNode n, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext loadContext) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        SaveUpgradePipeline.SaveUpgradePipeline.RunUpgrade (SaveUpgradePipeline.UpgradeScript uSc, ConfigNode node, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext loadContext) (at <39c0323f
b6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        SaveUpgradePipeline.SaveUpgradePipeline.RunIteration (ConfigNode srcNode, ConfigNode& node, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext ctx, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T]
scripts, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] log) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        SaveUpgradePipeline.SaveUpgradePipeline.Run (ConfigNode node, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext ctx, System.Version AppVersion, System.Boolean& runSuccess, System.Strin
g& runInfo, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[SaveUpgradePipeline.UpgradeScript,SaveUpgradePipeline.LogEntry]]& log) (at <39c0323fb6b4
49a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        SaveUpgradePipeline.SaveUpgradePipeline.Run (ConfigNode node, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext ctx, System.Version AppVersion, System.Boolean& runSuccess, System.Strin
g& runInfo) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        KSPUpgradePipeline.Process (ConfigNode n, System.String saveName, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext loadContext, Callback`1[T] onSucceed, Callback`2[T,U] onFail) (at <3
9c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.pipeSelectedItem (KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry sItem, KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog+LoadType loadType) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465
c00ed3c8d>:0)
        KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.ConfirmLoadCraft () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.onButtonLoad () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
        UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
        UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
        UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
        UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <5336a868
6ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
        UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEv
ents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
        ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

And now we know why you have problems only on the SPH! Usually, only Air/Space Planes have parts with ModuleControlSurface. And, by some reason BEYOUND my imagination, KSP is emitting an Exception when trying to load a craft made before KSP 1.12.0… :(

Please send me the following files from your rig, I need to check exactly why these crafts are triggering this Exception...

• Ships/SPH/SpawnProbe.craft

I don't know if this file is on the KSP_root/Ships or on the saves/<savegamename>/Ships - so please check in both places (and send me both if they are in both places!). Please don't delete these files before sending me a copy, you found something apparently important.

After sending me the files, I think that by deleting that files you will be able to load your crafts on SPH again.

In time, since you are using Atmopheric Autopilot, you need to have this KSPUpgradeScriptFix.dll thingy installed too. You will find it inside the zip file from the latest AAP release. (See this post for more info).

Additionally, since you installed Waterfall,  you may want to install Stock Waterfall Effects and also TweakScale Companion for Frameworks (that adds TweakScale support for Waterfall)

Hello! Thank you for the quick reply!

4 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Please send me the following files from your rig, I need to check exactly why these crafts are triggering this Exception...

• Ships/SPH/SpawnProbe.craft

I don't know if this file is on the KSP_root/Ships or on the saves/<savegamename>/Ships - so please check in both places (and send me both if they are in both places!). Please don't delete these files before sending me a copy, you found something apparently important.

I found the SpawnProbe file in the KSp_Root/Ships Location, apparently in that folder are the stock crafts and on the savegame Ships folder are the crafts that are exclusive to that savegame, here is the SpawnProbe file and a craft from one of the savegames:

https://files.fm/u/gamdtb35d

9 minutes ago, Lisias said:

In time, since you are using Atmopheric Autopilot, you need to have this KSPUpgradeScriptFix.dll thingy installed too. You will find it inside the zip file from the latest AAP release. (See this post for more info).

Additionally, since you installed Waterfall,  you may want to install Stock Waterfall Effects and also TweakScale Companion for Frameworks (that adds TweakScale support for Waterfall)

Thank you very much for the suggestions, I will install the updates!

58 minutes ago, guituga--- said:

I found the SpawnProbe file in the KSp_Root/Ships Location, apparently in that folder are the stock crafts and on the savegame Ships folder are the crafts that are exclusive to that savegame, here is the SpawnProbe file and a craft from one of the savegames:

https://files.fm/u/gamdtb35d

This is weird. Terribly weird.

ship = SpawnProbe
version = 1.9.0
description =
type = VAB

This craft don't have anything but Stock modules on it. No DockingPortFix, no Recall, not even a ModuleControlSurface!!

The only plausible hypothesis that I managed to think of is that by some weird reason, if you try to load a Craft from a previous KSP release on the "wrong" editor, something will bork on the KSP Upgrade Pipeline thingy - i.e., the thing is running the SPH upgrade pipeline on a VAB craft and by some reason, it's borking.

I will need to make some tests to check this hypothesis. I will keep you informed if I find something...

18 minutes ago, Lisias said:

This craft don't have anything but Stock modules on it. No DockingPortFix, no Recall, not even a ModuleControlSurface!!

The only plausible hypothesis that I managed to think of is that by some weird reason, if you try to load a Craft from a previous KSP release on the "wrong" editor, something will bork on the KSP Upgrade Pipeline thingy - i.e., the thing is running the SPH upgrade pipeline on a VAB craft and by some reason, it's borking.

I will need to make some tests to check this hypothesis. I will keep you informed if I find something...

What a strange discovery, take the time you need... BTW

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

After sending me the files, I think that by deleting that files you will be able to load your crafts on SPH again.

I deleted the SpawnProbe file but the game still can't load the crafts, any other possible solutions? Here are the newest logs: https://files.fm/u/evt9g275n

Thank you very much for helping me, I will wait for further results!

2 hours ago, guituga--- said:

What a strange discovery, take the time you need... BTW

I deleted the SpawnProbe file but the game still can't load the crafts, any other possible solutions? Here are the newest logs: https://files.fm/u/evt9g275n

Thank you very much for helping me, I will wait for further results!

Yep, the thing just borked on the next craft on the list, the Ships/SPH/BDAc_Test_Drone_MKIII :

[LOG 01:11:10.419] [ShipConstruction]: No thumbnail image exists for Ships/@thumbs/SPH/BDAc_Test_Drone_MKIII. Attempting loading stock thumbnails.
[WRN 01:11:14.675] [UpgradeScript]: JPLRepo ModuleDockingNodeFixed replace supports files from 1.12.0 and higher only!
[EXC 01:11:14.686] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        SaveUpgradePipeline.v180_ModuleControlSurface.ConvertControlAuthority (ConfigNode mNode, ModuleControlSurface module) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465
        SaveUpgradePipeline.v180_ModuleControlSurface.OnUpgrade (ConfigNode node, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext loadContext, ConfigNode parentNode) (at
        SaveUpgradePipeline.UpgradeScript+<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<Upgrade>b__0 (ConfigNode node, ConfigNode parent) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:
        SaveUpgradePipeline.UpgradeScript.RecurseNodes (ConfigNode node, System.String[] urlNodes, System.Int32 level, Callback`2[T,U] cb, ConfigNode pare
        SaveUpgradePipeline.UpgradeScript.RecurseNodes (ConfigNode node, System.String[] urlNodes, System.Int32 level, Callback`2[T,U] cb, ConfigNode pare
        SaveUpgradePipeline.UpgradeScript.Upgrade (ConfigNode n, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext loadContext) (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        SaveUpgradePipeline.SaveUpgradePipeline.RunUpgrade (SaveUpgradePipeline.UpgradeScript uSc, ConfigNode node, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext loadCo
        SaveUpgradePipeline.SaveUpgradePipeline.RunIteration (ConfigNode srcNode, ConfigNode& node, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext ctx, System.Collection
        SaveUpgradePipeline.SaveUpgradePipeline.Run (ConfigNode node, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext ctx, System.Version AppVersion, System.Boolean& runS
        SaveUpgradePipeline.SaveUpgradePipeline.Run (ConfigNode node, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext ctx, System.Version AppVersion, System.Boolean& runS
        KSPUpgradePipeline.Process (ConfigNode n, System.String saveName, SaveUpgradePipeline.LoadContext loadContext, Callback`1[T] onSucceed, Callback`2
        KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.pipeSelectedItem (KSP.UI.Screens.CraftEntry sItem, KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog+LoadType loadType) (at <39c
        KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.ConfirmLoadCraft () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        KSP.UI.Screens.CraftBrowserDialog.onButtonLoad () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
        UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
        UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
        UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
        UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
        UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData even
        UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.Ev
        UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Interesting enough, I could load the SpawnProbe on my KSP 1.12.3, so the only logic conclusion is that there's something on your rig causing this problem.

Frankly, I'm running out of options other than going nuclear on the damned problem. :P:P 

This is a list of the remaining folders from your GameData:

1. 999_KSP-Recall

2. AstronomersVisualPack

3. AtmosphereAutopilot

4. BDArmory

5. Custom

6. DistantObject

7. EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

8. KerbalJointReinforcement

9. PhysicsRangeExtender

10. PlanetShine

11. Scatterer

12. ScattererAtmosphereCache

13. Sigma

14. TUFX

15. TweakScale

16. VesselMover

17. Waterfall

Remove items 2 to 9, then fire up KSP and see if the problem goes away. If it goes, then it's one of these.

If the problem persists, put them back and remove 10 to 17. Check again, if the problem goes away, we know that the problem is one of these.

If the problem still persists, hell, remove everything leaving just Stock and StockExpansion. Now the problem must had been gone - otherwise, you have a problem on KSP itself and should reinstall it from scratch!!

Remember to do this stunt on that backup I mentioned above - removing add'ons this way will seriously damage your savegames.

Now, assuming that one of the removal fest above solved the problem, out them all back, fire KSP to be sure the problem is back, and then remove half of that half, rinse, repeat. We are doing a binary search.

For example, let's pretend that the culprit is Add'On number 15. :P But we don't know yet, so we will do a binary search.

First pass: Red the ones removed, Yellow the ones left on GameData: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

This first pass didn't removed the problem, so let's try the other half (Green are the ones we know are innocent): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 

Oukey, the problem is gone. So we know it's between 10 and 17. Lets split that in half in half and redo : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 

Oukey, the problem is still there, so 10 to 13 are innocent. Let's split that half in half and redo: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 

By removing 14 to 15, the problem goes away, so we know that 16 and 17 are innocent! So 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 

So now the options are 14 and 15. Removing the 14 the problem is still there, so we found the culprit, 15! To be sure, you put everything back and check for the presence of the problem. Then you remove 15 and check if the problem goes away - success! :)

Of course, this was just an example. The culprit can be anyone of that 17 add'ons - so now you need to start probing like I did above, splitting in half the half that failed, and going on until you find the problematic add'on.

Yeah, it's laborious, but I ran out of logical options - the only option left is brute forcing our way into the problem.

Good luck!

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

Remove items 2 to 9, then fire up KSP and see if the problem goes away. If it goes, then it's one of these.

If the problem persists, put them back and remove 10 to 17. Check again, if the problem goes away, we know that the problem is one of these.

If the problem still persists, hell, remove everything leaving just Stock and StockExpansion. Now the problem must had been gone - otherwise, you have a problem on KSP itself and should reinstall it from scratch!!

Remember to do this stunt on that backup I mentioned above - removing add'ons this way will seriously damage your savegames.

Now, assuming that one of the removal fest above solved the problem, out them all back, fire KSP to be sure the problem is back, and then remove half of that half, rinse, repeat. We are doing a binary search.

For example, let's pretend that the culprit is Add'On number 15. :P But we don't know yet, so we will do a binary search.

First pass: Red the ones removed, Yellow the ones left on GameData: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

This first pass didn't removed the problem, so let's try the other half (Green are the ones we know are innocent): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 

Oukey, the problem is gone. So we know it's between 10 and 17. Lets split that in half in half and redo : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 

Oukey, the problem is still there, so 10 to 13 are innocent. Let's split that half in half and redo: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 

By removing 14 to 15, the problem goes away, so we know that 16 and 17 are innocent! So 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 

So now the options are 14 and 15. Removing the 14 the problem is still there, so we found the culprit, 15! To be sure, you put everything back and check for the presence of the problem. Then you remove 15 and check if the problem goes away - success! :)

Of course, this was just an example. The culprit can be anyone of that 17 add'ons - so now you need to start probing like I did above, splitting in half the half that failed, and going on until you find the problematic add'on.

Yeah, it's laborious, but I ran out of logical options - the only option left is brute forcing our way into the problem.

Good luck!

Hello again! I did the search and it was 3. (AtmosphereAutopilot)! Thank you very much for your help, now I can finally load the crafts! Maybe it was something about the way the autopilot piloted the craft that bugged the crafts?

BTW, here are the newer logs, maybe there is some explanation on them??: https://files.fm/u/s7ayn6dyj

Have a good day/night!

1 hour ago, guituga--- said:

Hello again! I did the search and it was 3. (AtmosphereAutopilot)! Thank you very much for your help, now I can finally load the crafts! Maybe it was something about the way the autopilot piloted the craft that bugged the crafts?

That caught me with my pants down. I never had a problem with AA before!

I will further investigate this problem. I use this now and then, and never got anything remotely similar in the past!

45 minutes ago, Lisias said:

That caught me with my pants down. I never had a problem with AA before!

I will further investigate this problem. I use this now and then, and never got anything remotely similar in the past!

I didn't expect that too, I honestly thought it was BD. The strangest is that I also had that recent update installed....

Good luck with your investigation!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 2:59 PM, shelshok said:

I just noticed this too after recently installing AtmosphereAutopilot.

Have you had any thoughts on how to fix it?

What I did was unistall AtmosphereAutopilot, I haven't played for a while but what I used was the Mechjeb plane Autopilot function which is similar to AA and let's you keep at a certain altitude/speed/.... idk if there is any other fix besides unistalling the mod.

13 hours ago, guituga--- said:

What I did was unistall AtmosphereAutopilot, I haven't played for a while but what I used was the Mechjeb plane Autopilot function which is similar to AA and let's you keep at a certain altitude/speed/.... idk if there is any other fix besides unistalling the mod.

I just ran into the same issue and updating AA fixed it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.