Compiling multiple mods into one folder?

Rutabaga22

I want to put all the near future mods into one folder so when I want to add them back to a save I just have to add the "Near Future Pack" to my Gamedata. I've tried it before, but it wouldn't work. What do I need to do? Should I take all the files out of each mod and stick them onto one folder to be one big mod? I don't know.

1 minute ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I want to put all the near future mods into one folder so when I want to add them back to a save I just have to add the "Near Future Pack" to my Gamedata. I've tried it before, but it wouldn't work. What do I need to do? Should I take all the files out of each mod and stick them onto one folder to be one big mod? I don't know.

Why not create an archive (like a zip) of the folders you want,

The you just have unpack it to restore files and folders.

13 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I've tried it before, but it wouldn't work.

The reason is (probably) that the mod's files include path names to the models and textures, so if you move them around, those resources can no longer be found. @Curveball Anders's ZIP file idea is probably the best available option that would actually work.

Edited by HebaruSan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.