Launch Rendezvous on Kerbin?

This is something that has been bugging me recently, so I have a vessel orbiting kerbin along the equator (incl. 90 degrees) at an orbital radius of ~100km (very close to circular orbit). I have a rocket at Kerbal Space Center ready to launch, But I'm trying to figure out how to launch my rocket so that, upon stabilizing my orbit, I'm as close to the other ship as possible. So basically a launch-to-rendezvous.

Is there some sort of way to figure this out? I mean, I know the speed required to obtain a circular orbit at 100km, and I have mechjeb on both ships, so I was thinking that maybe there's a way mechjeb could assist in this process.

Does anybody have any tips or have an equation to model this?

The reason I'm wondering is I'm going to be sending an orbital construction yard up, but instead of having my astronauts go up with the construction yard, I have a very simple rocket take them up to rendezvous with the yard, they then get in the constructed vehicle and fly off to other planets.

All help is greatly appreciated!

-Dan

Mechjeb has a rendezvous function that does exactly this. You need to launch your rocket once to the right height, then on the next flight check "launch to rendezvous" on the ascent autopilot.

Oh wow I'm an idiot. Didn't even see that. Thanks alot!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.