14 minutes ago, Grenartia said:

If that's the case, why aren't more people experiencing this issue?

I mean, it's a very small issue that can slip under anyone's radar. 24 meters of drift on the ap is hardly noteworthy, and can hardly be described as an issue unless you're messing with very precise matters like colliding two small vessels in orbit.

2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

I mean, it's a very small issue that can slip under anyone's radar. 24 meters of drift on the ap is hardly noteworthy, and can hardly be described as an issue unless you're messing with very precise matters like colliding two small vessels in orbit.

It caused a deorbit in the game that made me notice this. 

• 11 months later...

Has there been any fix to this?  Recently started a fresh new final version of game after playing an older rss and in stock game cant get it to stop. Tested in kerbin orbits from 70k up to 160k so far trying to find an altitude that it stops but it doesnt.    Reloaded to 1.11 and tried older 1.12 versions and the bug seems to only be there when i use the last/most recent version.

On 10/24/2022 at 11:15 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

There’s a bug in KSP 1.12 where activating time warp can shift your orbit a bit; the bigger the jump, the worse the orbit shift. Try pressing ./> to speed time warp up one notch before clicking any “warp to” buttons and see if that helps, it will lessen but not eliminate the problem and you’ll likely need to do course corrections on longer journeys to fully counter it.

It's in 1.11 too.  Time warp shows up the bug but it creeps in and subtly effects maneuver nodes.

The work-around is to f5, then Hold-f9: i.e. quick save and then quick reload.

I think the issue is a discrepancy between on-rails time and live mode time.  It builds up with scene changes and/or time-in-game.

It can accumulate to an insidious level in which it destroys a far-distant rendez-vous with a planet.

Periodic save-reloads are de riguer for me, having been hen-pecked by this one.  Getting in and out of the game resets the problem, needless to say.

It's a bad, bad bug.

Edited by Hotel26