Get rid of the stupid launcher, nobody likes them and they do nothing but ruin the gaming experience.

ILOVEPIE

3 hours ago, CrazyJebGuy said:

Hasn't it tanked the recent steam reviews by about 40% though? Truly it must be a terrible launcher.

The Launcher itself is not that bad, but the engineering under it really needs some work more.

It have 3 problems:

1. It wastes VRAM by not unloading itself after launching KSP, and this is screwing up people on modded installs and GPUs with 4 and 6GB VRAM
  2. It can't be deactivated, just manually replaced - and people had made some mistakes in the process because besides its own problems, the Steam Launcher was configured to launch KSP from a different directory it was being used to be launched for 10 years.
  3. It's completely useless for KSP 1 users, 100% of the current user base at this moment.

If one, just one of the problems I described above were solved before the launch, things would had been way less harsh.

2 hours ago, Deddly said:

These days, people use negative review scores as an aggressive way of requesting features or asking for changes to aspects of a game or other product they are not happy about. I don't support that kind of hostile demand, but it's unfortunately getting quite common.

I can't tell for other games, but at least on KSP, I think people had just gave up reporting bugs and started to react the way they can.

People had complained here on Forum for years, and yet we still have really nasty bugs on KSP dating 1.3.0 that are screwing up the user experience.

People had filled bug reports for years, with the same results.

People that didn't cared enough to keep trying just quit the game. It was probably a small loss for them, as probably most people had bought it on a sale. People that are still lingering around, on the other hand, are the ones that still care for the game and since they realised that complaining and filling bug reports never really worked for them, are now trying something different by downvoting the game in a last attempt to have the problems solved.

Keep in mind that only 1 in 26 clients complains - the others just leave trashing your reputation on your back. Take all that negative complains on Steam, multiply by 26, and you will have a small idea of how deep is the current rabbit's hole. Don't  bore checking GOG's users, they are pretty happy - the PD-Launcher is not used there. :P 

IMHO, PD should address the PD-Launcher problems RIGHT NOW. This may be one of the last chances for KSP - the next logical step on the escalation is abandoning the game, asking for refunding when possible. And I did mentioned that these people, in angry, will trash KSP's reputation on leaving?

25 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

so I don't get what's the big problem since there's already two solutions. 

The big problem is not this problem. The big problem is the whole set of problems that users is getting for years - this one was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Edited by Lisias
Brute force post merging

9 minutes ago, Lisias said:

People had filled bug reports for years, with the same results.

People that didn't cared enough to keep trying just quit the game. It was probably a small loss for them, as probably most people had bought it on a sale. People that are still lingering around, on the other hand, are the ones that still care for the game and since they realised that complaining and filling bug reports never really worked for them, are now trying something different by downvoting the game in a last attempt to have the problems solved.

Everybody has that one game. I've played KSP and warthunder both since 2014. KSP updates annoy me when they make all the decouplers and parts look ugly (is there a cosmetic mod to return the old look? If just the decouplers, they all look the same so I can't tell the size from the icon) but they're mostly improvements, and I can disable some things like re-entry heating. Warthunder peaked about 8 years ago, gets worse almost every update. And it's an MMO, it's not like KSP where I can go back and play 0.90 if I want to. The core gameplay is excellent, but the company keeps shovelling excrements on top and these players linger on for years complaining, quitting, coming back and repeating.

15 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Nope.  The game still sits at mostly positive, even in the recent category. 

And from what I can tell, it's only a low percentage of people that have software bound problems with the launcher. From what I've seen, it's just people complaining about having to click a few more buttons, which I do agree is stupid, but at the same time, we can bypass the launcher through using the exe file or by downloading a mod/addon, so I don't get what's the big problem since there's already two solutions. 

Breaking mods and save games with the miserable excuse of fixing a years-old tutorial bug that could've been done by anyone in about six minutes, just so they could inject this godawful launcher and presumably shill tons and tons of DLC for KSP2 and mine our data is the problem. Not 'an extra click'. KSP is a decade old, but I guess what we really needed after all these years... was a launcher. Wow.

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.