[1.12] FreeIva

JonnyOThan

11 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Please post your log file.  Also even if you think an issue is obvious, just use a few words to explain what’s going on. I can’t read minds.

this looks like the KSA layout for SOCK but the seats are missing. Are you missing habtech props?

Yeah sorry about that. I probably should have been more descriptive. Obviously, the models for the 2 front seats in the upper deck and all 3 seats in the lower deck were missing (even though the crew slots for them were still there). Jeb's model is still there but Bill's is absent for some reason. I unbuckled Jeb, and floated throughout the cockpit (I had the zero-g cheat on at the time) and he was able to sort-of no-clip back in. I maneuvered Jeb back to his "seat", and he returned to the same weird horizontal no-clip position.

Also, I do have habtech props.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8r885s466tj3s6o/KSP.log?dl=0

3 hours ago, Hal9000kerman said:

I do have habtech props.

Your logs show that habtech props is not installed.  If you were using CKAN and it says they are installed, a common cause for this kind of issue is manually deleting mods without also uninstalling them in CKAN.  Then if you later install something that requires that mod, CKAN will think it's already installed and won't reinstall it.

Edited by JonnyOThan

4 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Your logs show that habtech props is not installed.  If you were using CKAN and it says they are installed, a common cause for this kind of issue is manually deleting mods without also uninstalling them in CKAN.  Then if you later install something that requires that mod, CKAN will think it's already installed and won't reinstall it.

I should've thought of that, lol. Thanks for your help!

Can I disable freeiva from putting me in iva when I re-board my lk2 lander can?

If I board I have to immediately hit c c to get back outside the ship every time I do an eva report!

Furthermore, I have a science alert, and if I get a popup just after entering the ship the view pops to outside the ship again but I am still iva in the ship. c then does nothing and if I hit b to board I end up still outside the ship but still in iva inside the ship so I have NO CONTROL and no way to get back into my seat.  So I am effectively hung!

13 minutes ago, Deep12000 said:

I understand there aren't a lot of parts that would make sense to be traversable in this mod but would you consider adding support for KSP-IE? It's got a few command pods (Although one of them is just black in IVA) a centrifuge and some docking ports.

Yeah it’s on my list but pretty low priority because of such inconsistent IVA support.

FreeIva 0.2.18.3 is now available!  Special thanks to everyone who reported bugs and posted logs.

Bug Fixes Etc.

• Fixed a new bug related to SSPX centrifuges
  • Fix camera glitch when boarding a part from EVA when QuickIVA is installed
  • Fix a bug that would break IVA mode when switching vessels while unbuckled
  • Fix exception spew when the internal camera was destroyed

• 2 weeks later...

First, thank you for this amazing mod!

This part seems to be missing textures. Does it not have textures or am I missing something ? All the parts except the multi-joint ones  from Stockalike Station Parts Redux have textures.

This part is the PMA-MULT Multi-Point Station

p954sWJ.png

EDIT: Also the pressurized crew tubes are missing textures

Edited by lolpox

1 hour ago, lolpox said:

This part seems to be missing textures.

Yep, I had to create the internals for all the parts from SSPX that didn’t already have one (typically all of the ones that don’t have crew capacity).  I’m a programmer, not a 3d artist - and these were made pretty early on for FreeIVA. I can do simple models but I’m pretty terrible at texturing; however even bad textures are better than none so I’d like to revisit these at some point. But if anyone wants to lend a hand that would be more than welcome. There’s an issue on GitHub for this, but I’m not sure when I’d get to it: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/issues/343

Found an interesting bug with the MK1 Viewer's Cockpit from AirplanePlus.  When using the Warbirds or APIP IVA with that cockpit, the back door out of the cockpit is blocked by a bulkhead labeled "Backward".  When using the original Airplane Plus IVA, it operates correctly with an operating hatch in the cockpit and also on the crew cabin.

Craft:

screenshot46.png

AirplanePlus IVA:

screenshot48.png

All other IVAs:

screenshot47.png

ksp.log

Thanks!

4 hours ago, PyjackMeat said:

Same thing happens with the stock mk1 inline

Can you elaborate?  Specifically with warbirds or the stock iva?  If the latter, please post your log.

the warbirds mk1 inline is apparently supposed to represent a modern fighter cockpit and there are cubes that are supposed to block off the lower section of the internal.  But of course those predate FreeIVA and they don’t have colliders. This will eventually be fixed in warbirds.

If you’re talking about the stock version of the IVA, that certainly used to work so either there’s a new bug or something is installed wrong.

2 hours ago, AlaSupaKota said:

I have an issue, there is simply no collision, I just fall through the floor, has anyone else experienced this? I have Module Manager 4.2.3, B9PartSwitch_v2.20.0, FreeIVA 18.3.2 and newest version of KSP, no dlc

Are you the person who just joined my discord and solved this problem by installing the mod with CKAN?

If not, I'd suggest installing FreeIVA with CKAN.  Or join my discord (the link is in the OP) and post your ksp.log file.

On 11/23/2023 at 11:18 PM, orionguy said:

Found an interesting bug with the MK1 Viewer's Cockpit from AirplanePlus

BTW @orionguy I didn't mention it but I opened an issue here for tracking: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/issues/369

I haven't investigated yet but currently I hope to address this in the next release, whenever that is.  You can track progress here: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/milestone/15

• 2 weeks later...

I don't particularly like how it handles the DLC Soviet-style pods, there's no hatch corresponding to the main upper node. I do like the side hatch but I don't think my kerbals want to go on EVA every time my Soyuz docks at the station.

Other than that, I like this a lot. I forget what mod made CKAN install this for me...

Quick question, is it this mod or another one CKAN installed as a dependency that added an attachment node to the hatches/kerbal EVA spots? How well does a craft file port over to a stock game if something is attached to said node?

59 minutes ago, Kimera Industries said:

there's no hatch corresponding to the main upper node.

There’s two reasons for this: there’s not internal space for that hatch and it’s not historically accurate (for Vostok/vokshod pods).  Is the kv-3 supposed to be a Soyuz?  Maybe I should take another look at that…

1 hour ago, Kimera Industries said:

I don't think my kerbals want to go on EVA

You can place the inflatable airlock on the attachment node.  That’s what it’s for (and historically accurate).

1 hour ago, Kimera Industries said:

is it this mod or another one CKAN installed as a dependency that added an attachment node to the hatches/kerbal EVA spots? How well does a craft file port over to a stock game if something is attached to said node?

That comes from FreeIva, so that you can connect an airlock or docking port etc.  as mentioned above. I’m not sure I’ve tried porting a craft file back, but I do know that attachment nodes are actually saved into the craft file/vessels in flight so I don’t expect anything bad to happen.