Engine test contracts cannot be completed

28 minutes ago, Prof.hu said:

I tried both with staging and "run test" button. I resumed and old career save, I though that might be a problem, so did a full reinstall, but still doesn't work. Any idea?

I saw a few old answers where they recommended to use "legacy variants" of some parts, but I don't see any legacy part in the advanced build parts list.

On 11/28/2022 at 8:17 PM, Vanamonde said:

These things are awfully finicky and I know it's not the advice you want but my practice is to just avoid all but the easiest testing contracts. I only do the ones for 'on the pad' or 'splashed down.' 

I was able to do most contracts like these earlier (see archive below). I still suspect that it has something to do with my career save being quite old, with these contracts being "legacy" or deprecated in some way. I hoped others figured out how to solve it. I decided to just "complete" them in the console now. I haven't had issues with test contracts that I accepted recently.
KSP-Contracts-Archive.png

My guess is that the contract itself has a parameter you need to meet or some action you need to take that's not showing up in the Contracts button in your screenshots.  Any chance you can go back into Mission Control and get a screenshot of the actual contract?  I'm specifically looking at the one for the Poodle as it looks like you have satisfied it.

23 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

My guess is that the contract itself has a parameter you need to meet or some action you need to take that's not showing up in the Contracts button in your screenshots.  Any chance you can go back into Mission Control and get a screenshot of the actual contract?  I'm specifically looking at the one for the Poodle as it looks like you have satisfied it.

Here's a shot of the old poodle contract. I noticed a difference compared to recent ones. I think they changed how contracts work, but during upgrade the game does not update contracts already accepted unfortunately. At least this is my theory. Details in further screenshots below.

KSP-Old-Poodle-Contract.png

Notice the difference between the new "Ant" contract and the old "Skipper". There's an additional "Note" section that can be expanded. Nothing like that for the old one.

KSP-Contracts-Old-Vs-New.png

If I view the contract itself, I see the text under "Note" as the first line in Objectives, in white, just above the parameters.

It outlines the action to be taken when the parameters are met.

KSP-New-Ant-Contract.png

I see nothing like that for the old Poodle. Under Objectives it only list the parameters immediately.

I don't know, if there's any way to fix this by myself or report it as a bug...

you must ignite the engine as the test.

if the engine was already ignited, then it won't count for passing the test.
i can't really tell from your images, but my impression is that you was already using the poodle and terrier - as evidenced by the fuel being partially empty. this won't do; you have to activate them when you have the conditions for the test, not before.

if it's not that, then i have no idea

14 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

you must ignite the engine as the test.

if the engine was already ignited, then it won't count for passing the test.
i can't really tell from your images, but my impression is that you was already using the poodle and terrier - as evidenced by the fuel being partially empty. this won't do; you have to activate them when you have the conditions for the test, not before.

if it's not that, then i have no idea

I tried every possible scenario, I staged and clicked "Run test" after reaching the target conditions, just as you described. Screenshots were taken a while later, still "performing" the tests flight. These test stages were deliberately small, so consumed their fuel really fast. (I usually construct the vehicles to combine multiple tests/contracts in one flight, for maximum return.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.