does anyone know of a way to make your skybox completely black, like no stars what so ever?

GUZooka1

The mod Distant Object Enhancements has dynamic skybox dimming, plus you can set the overall brightness. I guess when you would set that to 0 percent...

that was my first thought.

but I am sure you could just delete the skybox when you find where it is located in the files, or replace that with a black picture?

1 hour ago, Dafni said:

but I am sure you could just delete the skybox when you find where it is located in the files, or replace that with a black picture?

I'm pretty sure the stock skybox is embedded somewhere inside the game's resource files (inside KSP_Data, not GameData.)

It's not as easy as replacing a PNG/DDS file somewhere and having a new skybox on stock.. It could still be possible but I think that is legally questionable. Download a skybox mod instead, and replace the skybox bundled with it with pitch black images. It's a lot easier and doesn't potentially break the EULA.

22 hours ago, tajwo said:

I'm pretty sure the stock skybox is embedded somewhere inside the game's resource files (inside KSP_Data, not GameData.)

It's not as easy as replacing a PNG/DDS file somewhere and having a new skybox on stock.. It could still be possible but I think that is legally questionable. Download a skybox mod instead, and replace the skybox bundled with it with pitch black images. It's a lot easier and doesn't potentially break the EULA.

good point! you are right, of course. Hence the dependence for TR or similar mods to replace the stock skybox.

@GUZooka1 Hello I liked the idea and created a BlackSkybox :

Main menu with BlackSkybox (image sample):

UKjT9dQ.jpg

Also for Kerbin moons and so on:

QiqmEdk.png

So how to do it?

[1] Install mod TextureReplacer using CKAN.

[2] Install the BlackSkyBox that I have done: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohj2526r8rco59l/BlackSkyBox-GameData.zip?dl=1

and enjoy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.