A Very interesting idea!
perhaps they could also add certain Asteroid that gives off Science and not just for Resources,
Certain types of Asteroid with Scientific interest, some experiment that could be done on the surface of the Asteroid.

Edited by Dr.Seno
I forgot to add a Comma

asteroids are small new worlds that should be as complete as planets, and, of course, sometimes unique, of course, many unique asteroids will be superfluous, but a unique task associated with an asteroid (for example, create a space station from several asteroids or drill to the center of the asteroid with a drill and learn the secrets of Kerbol slime, it sounds very cool!)

19 minutes ago, Nirgal said:

If the multiplayer is expansive as I'm starting to believe, then this might happen organically, online at least

I personally don't think multiplayer will be that expansive. I think we get a 4 player "coop" style of multiplayer which you play with your close friends and then go for either a cooperation or a space race. Just think about the implementation of timewarp if there are 10+ people on one server. 
High population server, if they are possible are only "useful/fun" for flying around together like scott manleys dogfight series or the canyon race.

54 minutes ago, Snafu225 said:

I personally don't think multiplayer will be that expansive. I think we get a 4 player "coop" style of multiplayer which you play with your close friends and then go for either a cooperation or a space race. Just think about the implementation of timewarp if there are 10+ people on one server. 
High population server, if they are possible are only "useful/fun" for flying around together like scott manleys dogfight series or the canyon race.

I'm a noob so maybe my opinion doesn't mean much, but implementing timewarp in a multiplayer game seems very difficult.  Basically player (or every agency) would have to upvote a proposal to timewarp.  I can't think that the game would be a lot of fun if it took 2 hours realtime to do a rendezvous in LKO or a whole day to do a mun mission.  I suppose it would make people plan a LOT more carefully to get things right the first time and minimize mission times.

Derelicts and ship graveyards (ran out of fuel or crashed) are a very nice idea for multiplayer. Ship logs should be readable, as well as recoverable dead / hibernating crew. We should have a memorial building at the KSC for fallen heroes.

2 hours ago, Dinkledash said:

I'm a noob so maybe my opinion doesn't mean much, but implementing timewarp in a multiplayer game seems very difficult.  Basically player (or every agency) would have to upvote a proposal to timewarp.  I can't think that the game would be a lot of fun if it took 2 hours realtime to do a rendezvous in LKO or a whole day to do a mun mission.  I suppose it would make people plan a LOT more carefully to get things right the first time and minimize mission times.

Discussed and resolved ad nauseum.  Search this topic for "warp"

29 minutes ago, darthgently said:

Discussed and resolved ad nauseum.  Search this topic for "warp"

No doubt discussed ad nauseum but I am noob. But it does seem that the developers at least are confident in their multiplayer timewarp solution.  if anyone is interested...