TweakScale DLL files error and buttons not working

I installed a few mods and got an error on startup saying: "TweakScale is not installed correctly! Some of its required support DLL files are missing. There is no safe way to proceed; without these files, TweakScale will not work properly, and your saves and craft files will be corrupted!"

I have tried to reinstall TweakScale and got the same error, and tried to play without it, only for none of the buttons to work after I load a save.

How do I fix it?

P.S. I am unable to enter most of the buildings except the astronaut complex, and cannot leave it. When I click "Return to main menu" from the pause menu, it does nothing.

I have also tried to clear input locks, and it didn't work.

Hi!

There's something broken in your KSP - there's a bug inside KSP on a thingy called "Assembly Loader/Resolver", and when something triggers that bug, a lot of other things (including, but not limited to TweakScale) borks because they can't load their DLLs or do things called "Reflection".

The only way to solve your problem is to locate who is triggering that bug inside KSP.

Send me your KSP.log using dropbox or something, and I will check it for the culprit.

On TweakScale's thread (here, usually the best place to ask for help related to TweakScale) you will find instructions for locating the KSP.log, reproduced here for convenience:

Please provide:

• A concise, textual description of the problem
    • Mentioning the KSP version and the TweakScale version involved
  • A screenshot of the problem
  • When applicable, the .craft file with a vessel that have the problem
  • When asked, the KSP.log and output_txt log from Unity.
    • See this article for instructions.
    • The Player.log changed location:
      • On MacOS
        • For KSP < 1.8, they are on ~/Library/Logs/Unity
        • On KSP >=1.8, you will find the Player.log on ~/Library/Logs/Squad/KSP/
      • On Windows
        • On KSP >=1.8, you will find the Player.log on C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\KSP\
      • On Linux
        • On KSP >=1.8, you will find the Player.log on ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/KSP/
    • Publish the files on DropBox, Google Drive or similar, and post the link so we can inspect it.
      • DO NOT paste the log on Forum, this causes a lot of problems and it's useless, as Forum also truncate the file
        • It's ok to paste small excerpts to pinpoint something, but we still need the full KSP.log and Player.log in order to help you/
      • Do not use pastebin, gist or similars. They have a pretty small cap on the file size, and will truncate the log rendering yet more useless
    • Imgur is a good choice for publishing screenshots when needed.

Using the Issue Tracker is highly encouraged, as GitHub provides services that make everything above easier. You can open an issue there, and call me here pinpointing there to be sure to get my attention.

Ping @cel

5 hours ago, Lisias said:

Hi!

There's something broken in your KSP - there's a bug inside KSP on a thingy called "Assembly Loader/Resolver", and when something triggers that bug, a lot of other things (including, but not limited to TweakScale) borks because they can't load their DLLs or do things called "Reflection".

The only way to solve your problem is to locate who is triggering that bug inside KSP.

Send me your KSP.log using dropbox or something, and I will check it for the culprit.

On TweakScale's thread (here, usually the best place to ask for help related to TweakScale) you will find instructions for locating the KSP.log, reproduced here for convenience:

Ping @cel

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4zi1otrxirjwhxn/AAAE_N7DsuBc1JI2Q5G-aUCma?dl=0

Here is the log, including a screenshot of the error.

@Lisias

35 minutes ago, cel said:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4zi1otrxirjwhxn/AAAE_N7DsuBc1JI2Q5G-aUCma?dl=0

Here is the log, including a screenshot of the error.

@Lisias

Ah, this! :)

You need to install Toolbar Controller! Something that TweakScale needed to access tried to use this one, but since it wasn't there, it failed - and then TweakScale failed too!

2 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Ah, this! :)

You need to install Toolbar Controller! Something that TweakScale needed to access tried to use this one, but since it wasn't there, it failed - and then TweakScale failed too!

It already is installed, but somehow I still get the error.

4 hours ago, cel said:

It already is installed, but somehow I still get the error.

Then you need to reach Toolbar Controller maintainer for help! I don't know how Toolbar Controller works nowadays.

Post a message on the thread I linked above!

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, hellothere___ said:

i have a problem where it says that im missing a dll file, and that 'system.reflection.reflectiontypeloadexeption' was thrown. any ideas?

Post the KSP.log file and I till inspect it for the culprit!

Almost surely it's a missing dependency or something silly like that 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.