Camera drift bug/Parts staying attached after staging

swags____malonca

When staging sometimes parts like to stay attached to the main rocket, this also ties with the camera drift bug where the camera drifts away from the rocket as the glitched part moves away from the main rocket and the camera tries to follow.

(here a winglet has stuck around after 2 stages and is causing the camera to drift) I currently work around the issue by time warping to stop physics before the camera to drifts too far

20230227210824_1.jpg

EDIT: here is said camera drift

20230227211753_1.jpg

Edited by swags____malonca
More information / spelling

I have also run into a similar issue but managed to get around it by separating engines and couplers in the staging.

This works for me and stages the part correctly

_cs7k9jqsnGDWqMasRqq-KwEWPDfQfAmI7sCEjX6

This is broken for me and when I stage, the coupler detaches but the rest of the stage remains attached

0gxoR6VM_6gHFNpz38_2R3On6zmZIE8qIyRTVjcs

Edited by Spanky

5 minutes ago, Spanky said:

I have also run into a similar issue but managed to get around it by separating engines and couplers in the staging.

This works for me and stages the part correctly

_cs7k9jqsnGDWqMasRqq-KwEWPDfQfAmI7sCEjX6

This is broken for me and when I stage, the coupler detaches but the rest of the stage remains attached

0gxoR6VM_6gHFNpz38_2R3On6zmZIE8qIyRTVjcs

Good to know and I'll give it a try

Same issue, sometimes when I stage my camera will track the center of the debris and the actual craft until I can't see anything. The orbit path in the map view also does nonsense things when the parts are moving in different directions. Thanks for the  workaround, I'll try that.

The workaround did not work for me. When I separated my stages to not contain both engines and decouplers I still had a slightly different but equally annoying issue: my camera will now track ONLY the debris on that ship.  Going out to the tracking station and reselecting the ship brought me back to here. Something intense seemed to be happening to Jeb in the portrait, but I have no way of seeing it.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This happened to me when I was landing my vehicle on the Mun.  About 30km above the surface, the camera started drifting, by the time I'm landing, the vehicle is out of site.  This might be caused by parts drifting away from the vehicle.  I've noticed the vehicle fin started detaching and drifting away from the vehicle, but it is also still part of the vehicle. If I speed up the game and slow it back to a pause, the fin is attached to the vehicle but begins drifting away from the vehicle.

I have the same problem. It started yesterday after 3 days of using the program I bought last week. I was designing my own Mun space craft for my early efforts to reach Mun and orbit. At first I thought I had my staging incorrect. But after an hour of trying to launch with the same results I decide to use one of the Kerbal ships that come already built from the database. Same results. so I ignored the problem and was still able to make orbit. After switching to the map view and back again the stages were separated and drifting away as they should.  

I also tried rebooting my PC and restarting the program. Still it persisted.  I'm sure this bug will be attended to in the updates.

I was having this regularly happen with my rocket, and I think I finally found part of the cause (for me at least): jerk. Sudden change in acceleration. My tail fin would break off (but still be considered part of my craft, leading to the bug) when I pressed Z to activate my main engine once out of the atmosphere. I tried holding shift instead... and it didn't break off. Pressing X to stop thrust also made it break off, but holding ctrl didn't. It's a very irritating bug, but holding shift/ctrl instead of using Z/X seems to work for me, and hopefully it helps others too.

Out of curiosity, does this bug only happen with the procedural wing/fin parts? I'd be interested to know if it happens with other parts for people

Last night even flying the prefab Mun rocket I couldn't get a launch. Things just weren't working right at all. I re-booted and still the same. Tonight it may work correctly again. Two days ago it was all working well and I made orbit with my self designed Mun ship. I was hoping last night to orbit the Mun. No dice. The launch button or window in the lower right hand side was just black. No green go. 

Hi, i have the same issue. Now i did try to dont put decoupler and engine in the same stage and install wings/stabilizer on boosters instead of main fuel tank. I made 2 attemps landing on eve and the camera it works perfectly.

will it work or will it be just a coincidence? we will never know 

Sorry for my bad english, i hope to help in some way, because this bug ruining the game for a lot of people.

Fly safe