Diego_

8 hours ago, The Space Peacock said:

Wobble isnt limited to atmosphere, i can be caused by a range of factors. The common culprits are certain part interactions, oscillations exasturbated by SAS or just the plain old kraken. It can be bad enough to shake a craft appart, as was happening with yours. I'll do some additional testing with your craft to make sure that is indeed whats happening here, but if a craft is shaking itself appart in any way its usually another instance of wobbly rockets. I've fallen victim to it quite a few times myself ;)

Reveal hidden contents

20230604011659_1.thumb.jpg.29497be5436d7d4628415ca6f0a2bcf3.jpg

If this happens to you again in the future, there is a workaround; reload the craft and immediately pause as soon as it loads. some parts may not be in their correct positions, but it should prevent it from violently shaking itself to pieces

Yes, but while it's wobble, it's not the "wobbly rockets wobble" that will be addressed in 0.2.0 (due to physical demands outside the rigidity envelope of the vehicle stack), and I'd say it warrants a different bug tracker. The problem is similar to using hinges with massless parts in KSP1, where a ship will shake itself to pieces under the right circumstances (I propose calling it "the shakes" to distinguish it from "true" wobbly rockets). I'm clueless how physics works in unity, but given that it has to do with (nearly) mass-less parts in KSP1 I suspect it's a matter of (phantom) forces acting on light parts, if not causing a division by zero then at least floating point rounding issues (hello Kraken).

Clearly it needs to be addressed, but when it's listed under "Wobbly Rockets" and that bug report gets archived then nothing is going to happen with it, so I suspect it's better to treat it for what it is -- something different.

I used a docking port as an decoupler , that's not very commonly done , that may be it 

44 minutes ago, The Space Peacock said:

by far one of the most impressive RUDs i've seen :)

figuring out wat exactly is causing it for this craft would be hard. some crafts just 'have it', for reasons science cant explain

25 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Clearly it needs to be addressed, but when it's listed under "Wobbly Rockets" and that bug report gets archived then nothing is going to happen with it, so I suspect it's better to treat it for what it is -- something different.

that's a solid argument. will seperate it into tis own thread for the reasons you mentioned

• 2 months later...