The new KSC is weird.

RSPhantomPhoenix

I keep finding weird things in how the new KSC is built, so I thought I would start a thread about my discoveries. To start off, you can fall through the launchpad:

Spoiler

zulasiacdzka1.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

c07yyd5ddzka1.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

How does one do this? There is a little dirt road that goes around the big concrete hole part of the launchpad. If you drive along that road at exactly the right angle, right before you smack into the side of the huge concrete ramp, you have a change of falling through the road, ending up in a big pit below the launchpad. Alternatively, you might get thrown into the air.

Spoiler

y0gmof5ddzka1.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

You can get kicked up into the air randomly even outside the KSC, something to do with terrain gen or the wheel physics, couldn't tell you.

Also, you can see scatter generating below the KSC if you clip the camera under it, kind of funny.

15 minutes ago, RSPhantomPhoenix said:

I keep finding weird things in how the new KSC is built, so I thought I would start a thread about my discoveries. To start off, you can fall through the launchpad:

Hide contents

zulasiacdzka1.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

c07yyd5ddzka1.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

How does one do this? There is a little dirt road that goes around the big concrete hole part of the launchpad. If you drive along that road at exactly the right angle, right before you smack into the side of the huge concrete ramp, you have a change of falling through the road, ending up in a big pit below the launchpad. Alternatively, you might get thrown into the air.

Hide contents

y0gmof5ddzka1.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg

wait until you see completely under it, and realise the entire place under it is fully modeled and has trees and grass, and water etc.. UNDER it.

2 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

wait until you see completely under it, and realise the entire place under it is fully modeled and has trees and grass, and water etc.. UNDER it.

And then you dip under the surface of that and MY GOD IT IS FULL OF STARS

17 minutes ago, regex said:

Also, you can see scatter generating below the KSC if you clip the camera under it, kind of funny.

This?

Spoiler

20230228123227_1.jpg

15 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

If they are going to have water there, they should make the whole thing a cave so we can swim around below the KSC.

Spoiler

20230228123417_1.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.