Add Making History Parts as Stock

FYI: https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Making_History_parts

I don't think everything needs to be included from Making History (especially the Gemini stuff), but many of the fuel tanks, engines, and service bays would make sense - especially since one of those gives an incredibly useful mount point for parachutes on the Mk1-3 command pod (the 3 kerbal one).  Specifically, Making History gives us the parts we need to go large with the launch vehicles and make craft that can push a lot of tonnage to LKO which is going to be crucial for building stations and colonies down the road, and many of the parallels for those parts are missing in KSP2.

1. We already have a large selection of fuel tanks in the stock game, 64 in total with 34 of them being Methalox tanks and covering most of the making history tanks.
2. Engine plates have made a few of the making history engines obsolete, and some of them are in the game. 
3. All of the making history panels and tube parts are in KSP 2 already.
4. As stated, all the engine plates are in KSP 2 already.
5. The stack decouplers are in KS2 already.
6. Fairings, wheels, and heat shields, are in KSP 2 already.

In short, did you bother looking at the parts in the game? Because literally most of making history is already in KSP2. What we'd want, is breaking ground, not making making history.

7 hours ago, RayneCloud said:

In short, did you bother looking at the parts in the game? Because literally most of making history is already in KSP2. What we'd want, is breaking ground, not making making history.

Did you read the OP?  Here, let me quote myself:

8 hours ago, almagnus1 said:

I don't think everything needs to be included from Making History (especially the Gemini stuff), but many of the fuel tanks, engines, and service bays would make sense - especially since one of those gives an incredibly useful mount point for parachutes on the Mk1-3 command pod (the 3 kerbal one).

Yes, there's a lot of parts from Making History in KSP2, but some of the engines and a couple of angled fuel tanks aren't there.  The service bays are missing completely. 

With how floppy the rockets are, getting the Saturn V S-IC engine adapter is critical because the less parts on a rocket in KSP2 right now, the better.

Edited by almagnus1

2 minutes ago, almagnus1 said:

With how floppy the rockets are, getting the Saturn V S-IC engine adapter is critical because the less parts on a rocket in KSP2 right now, the better.

You can hack around that by changing joint rigidity in one of the conf files. Search the forums, you'll find it.

Just now, Periple said:

You can hack around that by changing joint rigidity in one of the conf files. Search the forums, you'll find it.

How is that relevant to the missing parts from the Making History modpack?

2 minutes ago, almagnus1 said:

getting the Saturn V S-IC engine adapter is critical because the less parts on a rocket in KSP2 right now, the better

5m engine plate is how different from the old adapter, besides having special pieces on the sides?

Just now, almagnus1 said:

How is that relevant to the missing parts from the Making History modpack?

It's relevant to your comment: 

5 minutes ago, almagnus1 said:

1 minute ago, Periple said:

It's relevant to your comment: 

Stop trying to derail the thread

2 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

5m engine plate is how different from the old adapter, besides having special pieces on the sides?

It's actually a fuel tank/engine plate hybrid that looks better than both IMO.
Edti: Part info https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Kerbodyne_Engine_Cluster_Adapter_Tank

Edited by almagnus1

The R-7 booster tanks need to be fixed in shape before they're added back into the game. Plus, the R-7 engines were way too powerful for the part sizes, making an actual Vostok in kerbal-scale meant having to throttle way down.

While it's nice to have a middle scale of parts they really need to be rethought (and remade in the case of those booster tanks).

The one thing I do hope we get, at the very least is the R-7 Vostok/Voskhod/Soyuz stage one "side" tanks., It was an absolute joy watching my extra heavy boosters throw off side tanks and produce Korolev crosses, snowflakes, and double crosses (4,6, and 8 way symmetry respectively) they just look so much more satisfying than the solid boosters with seperatrons.

I love the soviet style parts and the MEM is just a cool part. At least in KSP 1 I find the 1.875 m size quite useful to create payloads inside 2.5 m cargo bays (I do play with a modded game with stuff like SSPX and love it's 1.875 parts).
Overall I think it would be a shame if they didn't add soviet style parts (in some form) and I would like 1.875 m parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.