Strangeness of Water on Eve

I just managed to get a probe down to the surface of Eve.  Naturally as luck would have it, I landed in an ocean.   But looking around, I notice that the "waves" or rather the "surface of the water, or purple liquid" isn't behaving as I would have thought.   Perhaps this is normal for Eve, but it seems like a tar, which can splash like water....The surface seems to have rise and fall points like it was a liquid, and yet those points don't really move.....

Here are a couple of images spaced 6 seconds apart:

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-3-5-2023-5-28-10-Kerbal-Space-Program-2-3-5-2023-5-28-19-

Every crest and trough of the "waves" are unchanging, and apart from the initial "splash" it now seems like my craft is embedded in tar.....or land even.

Interesting.....if I accelerate time several clicks, I do see changes.   Maybe the strength of the gravity here is altering the flow of time.

Edited by Steve7893

25 minutes ago, Stoup said:

I noticed similarly buggy behavior on Laythe. Waves didn't move at all, except for some strange alterations at timewarp speeds.

Ok, that more matches what I am seeing.    I know I made it sound like viscosity, and I wanted to believe that also.   But in playing with the timewarp, it was like no changes over 3 clicks up, and then suddenly on the 4th click, very rapid changes.   Nothing linear about it.

You guys are noticing a combination of the lack of water physics yet in the game, plus Unity’s signature texture-tiling. The physics will be fixed eventually. The textures being tiled may or may not be alleviated or made less obvious over time. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.