Steam Bug?

Pierson

ok so I'm not 100% sure this is a bug, but i'll go through it anyways, in ksp2 properties and betas, on launch one 0.1.1.0 only shown up as 0.1.0.0, during the 0.1.2.0 release on april 12th, i just got the 0.1.1.0, is this a bug? i just want to know if my steam is broken or not.

0?ui=2&ik=807f3f6e4e&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1763038678392540338&th=1877925646dc8cb2&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-DsIYJguIMKBxZrQRil7dHRJVjE4B3EJ67BIYaEpn8AVToZ65p_73Z1YAT0vX_B8xMzgM59cce9hkM75nmiTHitCbS33-5EoLQ1ATwz7StYHKLQbY47orw46c&disp=emb&realattid=e519ab8b931be75d_0.1.1

2 minutes ago, Whackjob said:

I just wanted to give this a bump. 

Stupid question, please forgive me...

You are looking under 'Betas'.  Does anything show up under 'Updates'?

3 minutes ago, 18Watt said:

Stupid question, please forgive me...

You are looking under 'Betas'.  Does anything show up under 'Updates'?

Nah, it's all good.  There is stuff there, but not germane.

zleRvsp.png

5 minutes ago, Whackjob said:

Nah, it's all good.  There is stuff there, but not germane.

I'll (sheepishly) admit, haven't played in several days.  Planning on looking at it tonight though, I'll post here if I discover anything.  Well, to be honest, gonna let my 16-year-old take a look at it, he's better at this stuff than I am.

For what it's worth, he builds KSP machines with your mentality- if 1,000 parts is good, a million parts is, like a thousand times better!

33 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Have you tried "None"? That sounds like it would be the option to opt out of older versions.

... huh.  In retrospect, it does, doesn't it?  I was assuming that was some pre-alpha thing.  I might have the dumb.   Let's find out!

41 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

@Whackjob

When you launch the game, what version is displayed on the main menu screen in the upper right corner?

0.1.1.0, but let's see if this does it.   I've switched to "none" to see what happens.

fuconK9.png

Yeah, there we go.  I was being stupid.

Ok.  So if you look in betas, folks, and you don't see the 0.1.2.0 option, use NONE!  Now to see how my FPS has changed.   Thanks, guys!

EDIT again:

A full report to follow, but I can confirm, without settings tweaks, I am seeing a MASSIVE fps boost.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

One day, I will build the sun.

Edited by Whackjob

29 minutes ago, Whackjob said:

A full report to follow, but I can confirm, without settings tweaks, I am seeing a MASSIVE fps boost.

I completely lost track of what y'all were doing.  I'm also on Steam (for KSP2..), and am curious what y'all did to make this work.  

Because I suspect this will come up again..

4 minutes ago, 18Watt said:

I completely lost track of what y'all were doing.  I'm also on Steam (for KSP2..), and am curious what y'all did to make this work.  

Because I suspect this will come up again..

Sure, no sweat.  On this screen,

O9luKAY.png

I chose "none".   None isnt' a prealpha thing light I thought, it was "most current version".  It could probably stand to be re-worded, but, there we go!  Even now I'm in the VAB putting together a motor cluster that has 196 of the largest engines there are, and I'm still getting like 5 FPS!