I have a question that I having been thinking about recently.

Will we get the same science components as ksp 1, if so, will they be redesigned?

And about some other old ksp 1 science features;

Will the kerbals still be able to preform experiments such as the surface sample, and golf ball “experiment”

I totally understand if the team doesn’t want to spoil anything though.

Also is this is the right place?

please bring back mystery goo lol

No doubt some of the experiments will be the same.  And we will most likely need to activate the majority of them in the same way (click to start etc).

What I hope is different is the implementation of some of them, and what the game does with the science we collect.  

I'd like more experiments to give yield over time (temperature monitoring etc) so you get a small 'trickle' of data and science points over time rather than a single big payout instantly.  After all that's how observational experiments work.  And ideally for the science gained to be of practical use rather than just currency.

I think there'll be more integration between the stages.

No currency this time around, only resources that are spread in such a way to make you exploit the planets and moons. It would make sense if Science worked the same way. Run experiments on one world, unlock the parts you need to harvest that world's main resource.

1 hour ago, Spicat said:

We saw a all in one science part back in 2020. It's old and they probably scrapped it because it was never brought up again:

Reveal hidden contents

Qx4bL71.png

cmwsJTU.png

Source (191 views, that's why nobody has talked about it):

Huh, don’t remember ever seeing that lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.