ispace HAKUTO-R mission to Lunar surface - 25th of April 2023.

lajoswinkler

3 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

This is taking too long. Maybe it rolled down a slope. :D

SAS is your friend.

Have to say, I hate the uplifting music that I have seen on several different space videos they are playing now.

6 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

I wouldn't even say uplifting. Yuck.

"driving?" I have seen that same music used on a few satellite customers on SpaceX launches for their pre-launch "this is our cool satellite" video.

Whatever, I hate it. :D

Looks like lithobrake

https://ispace-inc.com/news-en/?p=4655

Based on the currently available data, the HAKUTO-R Mission Control Center in Nihonbashi, Tokyo, confirmed that the lander was in a vertical position as it carried out the final approach to the lunar surface. Shortly after the scheduled landing time, no data was received indicating a touchdown. ispace engineers monitored the estimated remaining propellant reached at the lower threshold and shortly afterward the descent speed rapidly increased. After that, the communication loss happened. Based on this, it has been determined that there is a high probability that the lander eventually made a hard landing on the Moon’s surface.

Brought insufficient propellants. Oops.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.