Map The Earth | A collaborative project designed to map the Earth with detailed terrain meshes.

ballisticfox0

What Should the Native Scale of MapTheEarth be?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Native Scale (The other will get custom configs)

• KSRSS (RSS custom)
    • RSS (KSRSS custom)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2023 at 10:47 PM, ThatGuyOnTheLeft said:

I'm confused, is this for KSRSS or RSS? I saw the vote but all the github options say for RSS.

I elected to go with the option that’s less of a total pain to develop, which is RSS.

If you would like to use it with KSRSS, go into the tile config and set the scale to 2,1,2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 hours ago, forge__gamer said:

Idk if its just me but all the images here dont work anymore...

Discord screwed up something with image embedding, so it's not just here that's affected :sigh:

4 hours ago, forge__gamer said:

How is Discord related to the image embedding?

I used discord embeds for the images, unfortunately discord got tired of their platform turning into a pseudo-image sharing service meaning that any image link copied from discord will now have a hash with a timer set, after the timer is expired the image is offloaded off the server.

Honestly not sure why they did this, I'd assume images having individual hashes would be even more server intensive than just a reference to the image but oh well, such is life.

20 minutes ago, ballisticfox0 said:

I used discord embeds for the images, unfortunately discord got tired of their platform turning into a pseudo-image sharing service meaning that any image link copied from discord will now have a hash with a timer set, after the timer is expired the image is offloaded off the server.

Honestly not sure why they did this, I'd assume images having individual hashes would be even more server intensive than just a reference to the image but oh well, such is life.

Dammit, Discord!

Does this mean we have to replace every image we used Discord for in the past with Imgur?