Remember where some parts would break into multiple pieces (solar panels, antennas) once they were destroyed? It’d be cool for KSP2 to expand on that.

Of course not every part is gonna be destructible, but it’d be nice to see landing gear, the procedural wings, and some engines be able to fall apart.

3 hours ago, zemiel123 said:

flying pieces of metal or anything if the rocket blows up. 

also add some screaming from far away...

Wow, that's some dark stuff, it probably won't happen to let the game be rated E.

Also more detailed explosions. Having a fire with a pillar of smoke after you crash would be a nice detail.

And shockwaves. If I crash my giant 3000 part ship I want everyone within the span of 50 km to know.

7 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

I think i posted an idea once for more detailed kerbal injuries, never thought of having them scream though...

Don't they already panic when the craft undergoes dramatic LOC?

I don’t think they’d be able to add kerbal injuries due to the fact that at the speeds they’ll be going, hitting anything would cause them to turn into a green mist and multiple green body parts. The devs may not want to push the rating. It would be funny to have the kerbals scream though.

2 minutes ago, CiberX15 said:

But... and I'm glad no one thought to make this joke yet... :wink:  in space... no one can hear you scream.

I know this is a joke, but we can still hear them over the radio

Edited by OrdinaryKerman
spelig

7 minutes ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

I know this is a joke, but we can still hear them over the radio

I mean... yeah... And actually I'm not opposed to hearing them yell in terror. They already show fear or excitement, so adding some audio cues based on those same triggers would be kind of funny. 

Like a few people have already said, screams of pain on impact might be a bit much for an E for everyone rating, but fear or excitement aught to be fine? On the other hand, would such sounds be distracting or annoying? But if they are, an option could be added to disable it just like the launch countdown. A feature that I will likely never turn off, and yet am glad is an option.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 10:07 PM, BowlerHatGuy3 said:

Remember where some parts would break into multiple pieces (solar panels, antennas) once they were destroyed? It’d be cool for KSP2 to expand on that.

Of course not every part is gonna be destructible, but it’d be nice to see landing gear, the procedural wings, and some engines be able to fall apart.

Would be very cool to have an advanced destruction. But the game must first have an oke framerate at a simple destruction and only then this can be expended.

• 3 months later...
On 6/7/2023 at 2:34 AM, Lyneira said:

Fuel tanks could bend and crumple like a crushed soda can... Non-explosive contents (methane in non-oxygen atmospheres counts for this!) could leak or spray out!

I had actually worked on a KSP1 version of exactly this, as part of a Deadly Reentry version that never actually got released.

The problem is that dynamic tank deformations get really tricky, because you have to re-compute all the angles for everything attached to them.

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2023 at 5:07 PM, BowlerHatGuy3 said:

Yes!! It really breaks immersion when my landing leg simply pops out of existence instead of bending, fracturing or something 

• 2 weeks later...

That would change soooo much things for a game like KSP. In the good sense, obviously. I dream about that for a KSP3, be it in 15 years.

Normally, in 15 years, StarEngine being the nowadays tech, it should be doable by the KSP3 team xD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.