Adding a Super Resolution Photo Mode To The Game!

I would REALLY REALLY love a built-in photo mode where we could do the old, unsupported Nivida Ansel/ungetatable anymore, huge photos called "Super Resolution Photos".

Creating large sized, ultra high detailed photos, being able to see everything as if it was a photo right next to it!

It would take full-screen pictures of a "gameplay space" doing it in small sections and stitching it up to make one HUGE photo... This IS however resource intensive and would need to be ONLY accessible while the game is paused, this would allow options to increase the LOD of objects temporarily, knowing that full max settings will take multiple minutes to render out in some cases, and as soon as getting out of photo mode, you would go back into normal settings.

I would REALLY like this to be implemented, there are way too many small details that get "lost", and details that are not even in the game yet. You cannot enjoy or feel the scale of how big your spacecraft or (colonies) are when it gets added at 4k..

Zooming in to even 4k photos makes kerbals 2-3 pixels in size there is so much detail that needs to be seen but the current way of taking photos is too little and I feel like this is an issue that will grow bigger and bigger as the game gets, well bigger and bigger and gets more detailed.

I would really hope to see this implemented as a cool feature, or even if a modder could do it (still there is a chance)

A game that has this capability Ansel "SRP"  (War Thunder)

Spoiler

2SyAqei.jpg

and you NEED to download the other photo its 407mb's,

link --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-wMxYx3pbMoABEo7FgBIvIfFORh1SZkT/view?usp=sharing

But you can see the complete difference between 3840x2160 vs... 38400x21600 a 10x photo size and nivida ansel could go up to 26/28x zoom?

Just imagine the possibility of such a feature in the game, think about SEEING and understanding the surroundings of a build, or a planet and the details of everything.. it brings your "man my build is large" to a very easy context if we had the capabilities of taking such resolution photos.

i really think this game needs such a feature...

I feel like ksp 2 will start REALLY needing this type of photo mode/option the scale of ksp2 will be larger in ship physical sizes.

i would use it almost every single time when i want to do a good photo... I will personally waste 100gb just to get an amazing photo to show this game off. Those jokes about "zoom and enhance cliche" vibe.. i did a recent weekly challenge and i immediate, unedited, unaltered feelings was "Wait ansel isn't in this game" After thinking i said "oh wait its not up anymore" and i thought about this idea...

AI upscaling does not work for what I'm talking about.

I think it be a very nice little trinket that KSP 2 could have to show the vastness of builds without losing the quality of it due to the limitations of what just normal 1080,1440,4k,8k can give us with normal photos.

Edited by Stephensan
Fixed Wording Additional, Making It More Legible

• 3 months later...

It would be cool, basically when you take a photo it pauses the game, processes the photo, and then once done it kicks the game back up again.
I'm kind of hoping this is something the devs include so its super seemless.

11 minutes ago, PicoSpace said:

It would be cool, basically when you take a photo it pauses the game, processes the photo, and then once done it kicks the game back up again.
I'm kind of hoping this is something the devs include so its super seemless.

very much just press a button and it does a quick one that is way better, or you personally pause then press the button and you are in "advance" mode being able to a lot of other things like even increasing res, angle, DOF, etc.

On 10/6/2023 at 8:29 PM, Stephensan said:

very much just press a button and it does a quick one that is way better, or you personally pause then press the button and you are in "advance" mode being able to a lot of other things like even increasing res, angle, DOF, etc.

Sort of like how No Man Sky does it then?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.