[BETA] ALIENATION - Hycean Homeworld

image.png

“Within the darkest depths of the sea, we rise to the challenge of leaving our prison of a world.”

Alienation promises to become what is possibly the first planet pack out there to take place on a hycean planet.

The homeworld, Thalass, is a water world 10x the size of kerbin with 1.5x the gravity, making it a huge challenge to navigate and an even greater challenge to escape.

image.png

image.png

This planet pack is currently early into development. Follow for updates.

BETA DOWNLOAD:

Alienation - V0.0.1
REQUIRES: Kopernicus, EVE, Scatterer, NiakoUtils

[Click]

Edited by Heliocentric
System Map

9 minutes ago, Sky Kerman said:

This looks like an amazing new challenge, that I cant wait to play! I just have one question; Where the KSC?

Will be located on an oil rig style platform once I work with KK on it, but for now it’s just floating over the ocean 

25 minutes ago, Heliocentric said:

Will be located on an oil rig style platform once I work with KK on it, but for now it’s just floating over the ocean 

That's really awesome and creative! You know, I had an idea like this pack one time, and I thought I should just put the KSC at the bottom of the ocean lol. But thats so much better! Cant wait to play!

On 6/10/2023 at 9:37 AM, Sky Kerman said:

the KSC at the bottom of the ocean lol

Unplayable though. Remember how hard it is to make things sink when you want them to. Worse yet if these things are trying to be fuel efficient  and aerodynamic.

On 6/11/2023 at 1:37 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Unplayable though. Remember how hard it is to make things sink when you want them to. Worse yet if these things are trying to be fuel efficient  and aerodynamic.

Lol yea, thats why I never got around to posting it.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Royalswissarmyknife said:

Do you think this will be possible with stock parts?

There is only one way to find out... Play it. :ph34r: Or wait for the super hard mode players to challenge themselves with it and share their results.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

23 hours ago, Royalswissarmyknife said:

Do you think this will be possible with stock parts?

Should be, during testing it seemed possible but very difficult

in the next beta I’m going to lower the gravity slightly to make sure it’s not frustratingly hard

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

100% following this, it looks beautiful - and haunting - yet immediately I can start to see how the game play loop of the game would be affected starting on a world like this. Very curious to know if you've had the time/energy to work more on this project, too - any updates? :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.