One of the Panther's Thrust Colliders is too Wide Causing Thrust to be Blocked in Places it Shouldn't be.

Anth

Reported Version: v0.1.2 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel i9 9900K | GPU: Nvidia 3070ti | RAM32GB

Note:
Link at the bottom of this bug report shows that the thrust collider I am talking about is the one that should belong to Cruise Mode.
Currently it is working for Afterburner mode.

Screenshot Below Indicates the following:

• Panels shows nearly full blockage to engine thrust so the craft barely moves (0.1m/s increase per 1/2 second approximately)
  • That the thrust collider is most likely flush with the main housing of the Panther
  • That the Thrust Collider should be inside the nozzle
Spoiler

ThrustColliderTooWide.png.457bcd42496bcb74aa8f6f2ccc79b72b.png

Additional Information:

Edited by Anth12

• 2 weeks later...

Reported Version: v0.1.3 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: WIN11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT | RAM32GB

Shows the thrust changed when set to an AG, but the thrust does not occur, only the value changes

Also, the value for the thrust, SNAPs to the new Thrust value instead of an increase in thrust to the new max and vice versa when toggled back. 

Included Attachments:

2023-06-2221-44-35.mp4

Edited by Anth12

4 hours ago, Jatwaa said:

Shows the thrust changed when set to an AG, but the thrust does not occur, only the value changes

Also, the value for the thrust, SNAPs to the new Thrust value instead of an increase in thrust to the new max and vice versa when toggled back. 

Merged with existing bug report. Love the video.

Edited by Anth12

• 4 weeks later...

Reported Version: v0.1.3.2 (latest) | Mods: MicroEngineer, SpaceWarp | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Win 10 | CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GPU: RTX 3080 | RAM16 GB

Craft doesn't behave as expected when putting PANTHER engine in afterburner mode.

With both engines in cruise mode screenshot Day1, 00h51min47s ingame time:

• 297m/s speed and climbing
  • 94kN drag and rising due to increasing speed
  • Total of 103kN thrust (2 x 51.7kN)

And when switching both engines to afterburner mode - Day 1 00h52min0s ingame time (13 seconds later):

• Speed dropped to 251m/s and slowing down
  • Drag down to 54kN due to reduced speed
  • Yet thrust increased to 226kN (2 x 113kN)

Afterburner increases thrust, so if the rest of the vessel is unchanged, speed should increase. Yet speed decreases drastically as if engine was turned off, or thrust was greatly reduced. 

Included Attachments:

Afterburner.jpg.8b8daff2d2f74157dc65a23cf459ceab.jpg

Edited by Anth12

• 2 months later...

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Amd Ryzen 7 4700u | GPU: Amd radeon | RAM15.37 GB

I was trying to build an interceptor, but every time I started climbing I would turn on the afterburner, and it would fall. For about forty minutes I kept redesigning the plane. And then I tried to take off with the afterburner, where it promptly ran out of air. I then tripled the air intakes, it no longer ran out of air but still didn't move. I realized that it was a glitch with the afterburner, and so I'm here now.

Edited by Anth12

• 1 month later...

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: i7-10870H | GPU: RTX 3070 | RAM16GB

In the included craft file, the Afterburner mode of the Panther provides less thrust than the Cruise mode. Swapping modes leads to the craft's speed rapidly decreasing. On other craft I've built to test whether I was misunderstanding the panther, it seems like it works the way it's supposed to (like in KSP1) so I think it's something to do with the craft.

(relevant action groups: 1 toggles engines, 2 cycles modes. If you want to close the open cargo bay doors with the landing lights in after take-off, press 7. This also retracts the gear)

Craft file:
UO Bigcat Prototype.json

Edited by Anth

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: Micro Engineer, Lazy Orbit | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM40GB

A somewhat minor issue, but for some reason panther engines while in afterburner mode are incredibly prone to being occluded, causing them to abruptly produce no thrust in spite of being functional with even the slightest amount of clipping.