VAB camera offset whenever middle mouse clicking on part after panning.

Jokers2

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.1.3 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

Specs: 13700k, 16 physical cores, 24 logical cores, 5.2ghz, rtx 3070, 8gb vram, 32gb ram

Severity: low

Frequency: high

Description: Go into VAB, place at least one plane part (Ship orientation needs to be horizontal but only way to do that is start with plane cockpit).  Hold down middle mouse button and slide up or down.  Middle mouse click on any part to recenter camera.  Hold right click and drag to orbit and camera immediately jumps to whatever distance you panned away, either left or right.

Video evidence:

Edited by Spicat

6 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: Flight Plan and K2D2 | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 | RAM32 GB

If I move my camera then use right click to rotate the camera, the camera moves. This makes it almost impossible to work on larger crafts or crafts that are not centered, as middle clicking will correctly let me focus on the part I want to rotate around, but right clicking instantly moves the camera away from the part I was trying to look at.

Repro:

Make a big ship

Move it off the center position of the VAB

Middle mouse click a part to focus on it

Right click to attempt to rotate around the part

Observe camera snaps to a new position. 

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

Only happens on first click of right button after dragging with middle button.

Included Attachments: