"Came in a little hot!" error [Craft exploded when it hit 70,000m]

beanhole

Reported Version: v0.1.3 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel i7-7820X | GPU: NVIDIA 1080 | RAM32GB, 3000MHz

I was launching a rocket for a mission to the Mun or Minmus (I hadn't decided on the final location yet) and the moment I went over the boundary from Kerbin's atmosphere into space, it exploded.

Mission Time: 3:31:18
Highest Altitude: 69,974m
Highest Speed Over Land: 0 m/s
Highest Speed Overall: 855 m/s
Ground Distance Covered: 6m
Total Distance Travelled: 41km
Highest G-Force Experienced: 3.2G

Apoapsis: ~100,000m
Periapsis: ~10,000m

I was using the second stage engine to gently push my apoapsis up to 100km before I hit space. Once I got close to that goal I throttled down to 0 and waited until the intersect point, after which I was going to set a manoeuvre node and circularise. As I came up to the Karman Line I didn't notice any significant issues or performance drops, it all just happened instantly.

I love the work you're all doing, and I understand that you're still in early access. If it were easy everyone would do it. Take your time and do it right. Thank you!

Edited by Anth12

6 hours ago, beanhole said:

I love the work you're all doing, and I understand that you're still in early access. If it were easy everyone would do it. Take your time and do it right. Thank you!

Thanks for the encouraging words to the developers.
@Dakota I am sure will pass that along.

Edited by Anth12

6 hours ago, beanhole said:

It's appreciated by all for these understanding words.  Hope your future kerbals stay safe