[1.12.5] WaterDrinker - Stockalike Propeller Engines [0.3][08.07.2023]

Beale

23 hours ago, SwissArmyKnife said:

First thing that springs to mind is Lack's old SXT seaplane.

We might be basing on the same thing, the DHC-3 Otter

This is now on GitHub, though still a bit WIPy

fwi57SP.png

Qkkid7S.png

https://i.imgur.com/X1KphoA.png

2 hours ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

Will the oval-esque cross section of this plane be a fully fleshed-out size like some kind of Mk2 or Mk3 equivalent or is it going to just be the single part in a similar vein to the SXT plane mentioned earlier?

Screenshots might have been confusing / hard to read angle - It has no custom cross section, it's just size1 / 1,25m with a bump for the crew cabin.

Edited by Beale

Really cool mod! I'm all for more of these smaller precision mods. Easier on load times and RAM. By the way, I noticed a bug where some of the engines (at least the larger ones) would make some noise when you placed them in the SPH. It's not instant, but after a bit the engine spools up, which can be distracting in the editor.

Hey these look really nice! Glad to see an alternative to firespitter, as some of the parts that firespitter adds are well uhhh... of subpar quality.

Edited by pipe

I've been messing around with this mod a bit since I saw it on CKAN earlier today and it's been really fun. Since this is an early version I've encountered a few bugs you might want to hear about though. For some reason none of the parts like one of my planes and the prop will go black once spun up. I've tested it with different craft to see if I could figure out what's causing it but sadly couldn't replicate it with other craft. I also feel like the drag on the 1.25m props is too high and the trumpet struggles to get a 5 ton plane past 90 m/s while with the same plane the vuvuzela can only get up to 180m/s. Anyway, it's really cool to see a lightweight prop mod that's very good at being stockalike.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I built a light (1 ton) electric aircraft for Duna using "Stylophone" electric engine. Its electric usage is 0.001/sec (max) and producing 17.0kN thrust. Isn't it too overpowered? Because my plane flies at +100m/s on Kerbin with one smallest solar panel which gives 0.3/sec (max) electric.

Edited by CanOmer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.