Please Upvote Here Collectively relating to 8 Bug Reports of Crafts Falling Apart for Various Reasons

Anth

All of these bug reports relate to crafts that are falling apart in the following situations:

• Undocking
  • Decoupling
  • Normal Use of a rocket
  • Child craft disassemble on Parent craft being destroyed/damaged.
  • Undocking when paused
  • When attaching to a physicless part.

4 hours ago, sabotender60 said:

And this one (if undocking on load is considered as falling apart)

I can see why that could appear to be the same but that bug doesn't have entire crafts falling apart.
Just weirdness at the point of the two docking ports.

One observation I feel I should add here is that if the orbital decay bug gets set off on any docked-together assembly, subsequent attempts to undock from or dock to the affected craft will unleash massive phantom forces that often destroy one or both craft. So the docking bug and the orbital decay bug seem to be causally linked.

I think the bug I reported and your "Changed between two undocked vehicles causes one to fall apart" may be related to each other, or maybe even the same.

In your scenario, and if I'm not mistaken, one of your vessels would have a docking port as root upon separation. I tested the jr. (will try more of them on the weekend when I have more free time), but if does the same on any docking port...

And now that you mention the phantom forces related to orbital decay, it may be very well all related since the craft would load with displaced and/or unattached parts if this bug is universal.

I just lost the largest landing legs after exiting timewarp on descent to the surface.  They just popped off. Unfortunately, I don't have any recording of the event. But weird things happen to all types of legs every time they're extended and I'm on a collision course.

Just now, The Aziz said:

I just lost the largest landing legs after exiting timewarp on descent to the surface.  They just popped off. Unfortunately, I don't have any recording of the event. But weird things happen to all types of legs every time they're extended and I'm on a collision course.

I think that's a different bug (Because I got this since release and the bug here is a regression from last patch)

The biggest legs are a lot more prone to the kraken.

9 hours ago, The Aziz said:

There's a point (or points) in amongst the deorbit of a craft where legs are affected negatively ie causing force when they shouldn't.
My recommendation is to test timewarp at certain points of a deorbit to see where the issues start happening.

19 hours ago, Audaylon said:

ship falling apart depending on which order I decouple, no mods etc..

Great Video but it is hidden in here where the developers might miss it.
Could you please do a bug report for it via the form so the developers won't miss it?

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/forms/2-ksp2br/

Edited by Anth12

Oh and can you supply the craft file as well?
That would make for much quicker testing.

I suspect the small parts might be the main cause. I would like to remove them and replace them with something else and see if the problem keeps happening.

Edited by Anth12

• 1 month later...

I am going to move this bug report consolidation to the archive.
A lot of these issues (not all) have been fixed so lets see what happens if we go back to separate bug report upvoting.
Thanks to everyone who upvoted this. This was the first time I felt it was necessary to do this and it worked out amazingly.