Quantum loader - Fast and Easy modding using the official loader

ShadowDev

Quantum Loader (0.0.3) - Super light loader

Spoiler

5P33BkcDOK.png

Install using CKAN for best experience

This mod enables the use of the in game mod loading system. this is done by adding a few lines of code into the loader and bypassing a few restrictions.
This is also the closest we can get to how the official loader will work. this loader will be updated to keep it in line with that so when official modding is added it will be a seamless transition 
Other addon mods will be created under the Quantum "brand" that will add extras that can be used with the official loader

See how it works here (github) - MIT
Because of spacewarp 1.4.0 incompatibility with quantum you will need to downgrade spacewarp to 1.3.1
This is the fault spacewarp as quantum intended to be compatible with everything and was developed as such, its sad to see spacewarp taking that route. 

Using mods built for quantum with spacewarp loader will grant 0 support to any issues. 

Personal note:
I am going to be transferring all my mods over to quantum, I will still keep the bepinex version updated until bepinex stops being used. 

Get the mod

How to use
1. Download VS (not vscode)
2. Download the mod Template (https://github.com/Bit-Studios/Quantum/releases/download/ModTemplate0.0.1/QuantumTemplateMod.zip)
3. extract the template
4. start creating your mod
5. Build your mod
6. move your mod dll bin/debug/urmod.dll ---> /GameData/Mods/urmodname/urmod.dll
7. create a file called modinfo.json
enter the following 

{
    "EntryPoint":"urmod.dll",
    "APIVersion":"0.0.1.1",
    "ModVersion":"0.0.1",
    "ModName":"YourModsName",
    "ModAuthor":"Your name",
    "ModDescription":"Your mod description"
}

8. load ksp2 and enjoy your new mod

As of 0.0.1:
Loads mods
Loads assets

Edited by ShadowDev

So, I've actually been experimenting with something similar to this in the experimental branch of SpaceWarp, and I got it to the point where it can load mods, supports enabling and disabling, and also provide space warps abstractions to mods as well if they so desire, and show stuff in the Space Warps mod list.
https://github.com/SpaceWarpDev/SpaceWarp/tree/experimental
And the Mod Loader Patch under that

Edited by cheese3660
just impemented a full enable/disable system

16 minutes ago, cheese3660 said:

So, I've actually been experimenting with something similar to this in the experimental branch of SpaceWarp, and I got it to the point where it can load mods, supports enabling and disabling (except for asset bundles atm), and also provide space warps abstractions to mods as well if they so desire, and show stuff in the Space Warps mod list.
https://github.com/SpaceWarpDev/SpaceWarp/tree/experimental
And the Mod Loader Patch under that

2 different approaches.
your one rips the official loader apart leaving nothing left of it
while Quantum just adds the lines needed to load the mods. (hence the super light part) 

Mods loaded with quantum can depend on mods loaded through the bepinex system.

Edited by ShadowDev
Mods loaded with quantum can depend on mods loaded through the bepinex system.

8 minutes ago, ShadowDev said:

your one rips the official loader apart leaving nothing left of it
while Quantum just adds the lines needed to load the mods. (hence the super light part) 

This is completely incorrect
Mine only adds lines to the official Mod Loader as well, using a prefix and postfix patch on the Load code for each individual mod, same place you patch it seems, did you even look at the code before saying that. Leaving the most of it intact as I could, and implementing the rest in the most logical extension I could based off their code

In fact given the same template mod that you provide ... it'd load it in the exact same way

Edited by cheese3660
specify where I patch

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.