Duna V12

This rocket will go to Duna and back to Kerbin (overkill)

The lander is on top of the rocket, just activate the decoupler to detach it once in orbit.

Once in Low Orbit around Kerbin, you will have 5500 DeltaV to go to Duna + 5000 DeltaV on the Lander.

Don't forget to add some Kerbals inside the rocket.

The engine has a low ISP, so it takes longer to get to Duna, about 5 minutes, and another 3-4 minutes to Orbit Duna, but the upside is you're going to get a lot of Delta V. Be careful with the lander, the engine is not really powerful so you will have to turn on the motor quickly to slow down.

KSP Builds - Duna V12

Duna-V12.png

DunaV121.png

Edited by ZeroGravity145

Sorry,

I have complaints about the Solid Boosters from the takeoff hitting the main/engine fuel tank when separating. I've also had complaints that the engine  weren't made for a Duna mission. I've also had complaints about fairings respawning after loading a save or going through the tracking station and back.

I will take this opportunity to update this rocket, which should be Kraken Killer Proof. 

My apologies.

-ZeroGravity145

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 7:25 PM, ZeroGravity145 said:

I will take this opportunity to update this rocket, which should be Kraken Killer Proof. 

Most definitely an arduous process for such a marvelous vessel. I really like the black on shiny- looks sleek.

Gotta put some seperatrons on those boosters. And while your at it, put a strut between each booster at the bottom, and attach the bottoms of the boosters to the bottom of your lowest stage. The ultimate booster separation safety set.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.