Add mods for KSP2

prazouille

There are currently two projects that aim to bring warfare mods to KSP2 afaik: Sticks Armory and Kerbal Konquest. I'm not sure if anyone is working on a mod similar to TweakScale right now, but it will surely come one day.

SpaceWarp is a common modding API that provides helpful functionalities to KSP2 modders, all the mods that use it need it to be installed before to work correctly.

The easiest way to install KSP2 mods is to use CKAN (Download Here), otherwise you'll have to follow the manual installation instruction for each mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, TweakScale maintainer here.

There're some reasons for TweakScale not being ported right now to KSP2, but the main ones are:

• TweakScale mangles pretty heavily with the code (by using Reflection) and with the Meshes, IVAs et all. I'm serious, TweakScale can do a lot of damage, and it should not be lightly ported to a new platform without understanding how the new platform works internally, well beyound an hastily published API.
    • Do you think the wobbling in KSP2 is bad? Just try to imagine them being scaled by TweakScale… Exponentially!
  • TweakScale really mangles heavily the part's definition, and there's no support for that yet on KSP2 AFAIK. Damn, even the Mod Loader was hacked by 3rd parties, no one have the slightest idea on how Mods will be loaded on the final KSP version.
    • Doing anything now will risk throwing away a lot of development efforts, that right now is being better used on improving TweakScale itself, what will allow us to have a better TweakScale tomorrow for KSP2 too.
  • There're some legal constraints in the legislation I live in (and, to tell you the true, the citizens of a few other countries too) that may harm me, unless we have formal permission from PD or IG. Extracting and API by Reflection and publishing it without permission is not allowed on some Countries (like mine), and until the KSP2 API is published by the owners (as the KSP¹ is nowadays), it will not be wise for me doing anything on KSP2 yet.
  • I'm not playing KSP myself, the thing doesn't run on any machine I own presently, so even if all the reasons above would not exist, there's still the hardware problem to tackle down.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.