Another tweet by the team

moeggz

24 minutes ago, Periple said:

They post a lot of development updates. There’s a lot to talk about there, or would be if the threads didn’t devolve into the usual bickering.

I think I mentioned this in the grand EA discussion- there are many dormant threads on this forum that contain untainted discussion about the game, under the presumption that everything is fine and the game will eventually be completed. If that is what you want to talk about, why don’t you revive one of those many threads? I’ll stand corrected and be on your side if anyone starts bickering with you in a thread that’s actually about something substantive relating to the game that’s not a glaring current issue. Which thread do you wish you could post on?

25 minutes ago, VlonaldKerman said:

I’ll stand corrected and be on your side if anyone starts bickering with you in a thread that’s actually about something substantive relating to the game that’s not a glaring current issue. Which thread do you wish you could post on?

Bickering with me isn’t the issue, if someone tries it I just don’t engage with them! It’s the bickering between other people that gums up the thread. And yes that includes people from “my side” of the divide, I wish they’d stop rising to the bait too!

They do try though, somebody even sent me a nasty DM once! :joy:

As for examples, I posted a bit in this one for example but it devolved pretty quickly and I tuned out. Not much evidence of that there now other than a few “some comments removed” notes, as the mods have cleaned it up. Despite their best efforts it did make participating in the thread when it was fresh very tedious. And later there’s no point as everyone’s moved on.

As I said, I’m most interested in threads where the devs participate, and they’re not very attractive places to be, generally speaking! Sometimes a regular user comes up with an interesting topic too of course.

1 hour ago, Periple said:

They post a lot of development updates. There’s a lot to talk about there, or would be if the threads didn’t devolve into the usual bickering.

I get you, but as @VlonaldKermanalso implies, apparently the dev updates and the game in general aren't of much interest, because the game still is not good. So yeah, the "usual bickering" is all that remains. I guess.

On 8/13/2023 at 4:47 AM, The Aziz said:

They are right, there just isn't enough of them for project of this size.

Given how none of the core systems the game is built on are working correctly or have been the entire public lifespan of this application I'm not sure I can agree on that statement, but respect your ability to come to your own conclusion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.