KSP maxes out 32 GB of Ram and crashes during loading

Hey guys, 

i am currently playing a KSP Instance on 1.12.4 with ~190 mods installed, and recently, i cant seem to start the game anymore. During loading, most times when loading the TextureAssets (14000, if that helps), it gradually starts using more and more ram, until it maxes out my 32gb and hard-crashes. (The Unity-popup with the exclamation mark and the kerbal briefly appears before entirely closing KSP)

I know 190 mods are much, but i've succesfully run other Instances with more than 200 mods just fine (although with about 15 fps, but you know, they took their 60 mins to load and were fine after that).

Are there any mods known to often cause crashes? I'm gonna attach a mod list and my logs, any help is appreciated :D  

Logs and Modlist:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Y5pzjC9QogbV9usg1IGGWU1UU-yoRB0X?usp=sharing

Edited by Sonk
Forgot to attach promised files

I did a peek on the log, and it's pretty weird - the thing crashed while trying toad a mesh.

What I think it's happening is that the Garbage Collector by some reason is not garbage collecting. Why this started to happen is a mystery at this moment.

Did you updated something on your rig? Device driver? Windows Update? Perhaps some monitoring tool?

Any hardware change? Hooked something new on it?

Updated something on KSP itself? Perhaps on CKAN?

something should had changed in order to trigger this misbehaviour.

Additionally,  what's your CPU maker and model? It may be influencing the problem. 

Ok so luckily after tinkering around a bit, i moved the game instance from my hdd to an ssd i recently got, and barely managed to load it. It is now using 28 GB RAM in the main menu, but at least its some sort of running smoothly… anyways, i have a feeling this isnt gonna be over that easily, especially with that garbage collector malfunction you mentioned. The only recent changes i made to my pc were, of course, some occasional mod updates, and iirc i installed a win10 update a few weeks ago, but apart from that i dont think i changed anything major apart from installing mentioned ssd… Anyways, thanks for the responses, here are my specs.

CPU: Intel i9 10900F

GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070TI OC

RAM: 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Mainboard: B460M aorus Pro 

46 minutes ago, Sonk said:

Ok so luckily after tinkering around a bit, i moved the game instance from my hdd to an ssd i recently got, and barely managed to load it. It is now using 28 GB RAM in the main menu, but at least its some sort of running smoothly…

Wait… Just by moving the game from the hdd to the ssd changed things so much? The only impact this should had is on loading times, nothing more!

Yes, it indeed did! And yes, loading time was reduced from ~30-45min to ~5-10min.

If it helps, the ssd is a Samsung 970 Evo plus…

but yeah, seems like it did that. I also played a little after yesterdays reply, and it seemed work just fine…

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.